Claim Stones Removal

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Claim Stones Removal

Postby Heffernan » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:27 pm

belgear wrote:Make the drain only apply to active claims and it is fixed. Leave soak and defenses

so when u see someone at ur claim or a TbF is down u just pay the claim and the other 99% of the time it stays unpayd :p
Heffernan

Postby MaxPlanck » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:15 pm

Make Pclaims stay inactive for a few days(I believe goodman suggested this before) even after paying it from being empty.

But yes, Pclaim BB drain should be reduced from the current amount to still be somewhat helpful in draining whilst not allowing free roam forever on the Pclaim.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:48 am

or you ***** with half million silver player claims abusing broken mechanics could just pay the upkeep you SIGNED UP FOR WHEN YOU MADE A GIANT PCLAIM or deal with the consequences when it runs dry? you know the whole taking responsibility for your own ***** decisions thing and all that sort of CRAZY ****? nawwwww mean?!

the real solution is to return pclaim drain to what it was (about or slightly less than 0.5 bb/tick) before the "christmas miracle" called the jinglebombs patch that ruined the entire point of the game AND to make claimstones destructible whether filled with silver or not as they once were on popham, this **** has been broken for several years and it in combination with the kandarim gimp client has created a weak and pathetic playerbase of sheep. that is why the game is boring and sucks, because 98% of the playerbase is now composed of ***** that think "base defense" is to claim a supergrid you dont pay upkeep on and sit inside until the mean people go away.
Darwoth

Postby belgear » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:22 am

Would suggest first lowering the drain and then reassessing at a later date. (A gross overadjustment (removal of tea and increase of drain AT THE SAME TIME) being what led to the current predicament)

ETA: And FFS this time if you make a claim ***** destructible tell people about it you ***** **********. (@The leadership)
Last edited by belgear on Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
belgear
Customer

Postby Goodman12 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:40 am

belgear wrote:ETA: And FFS this time if you make a claim ***** destructible tell people about it you ***** **********. (@The leadership)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby Forungi » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:55 am

I love this, make the game less carebear.
I've always hated the fact that I can just go on a 3month vacation from Salem and more often than not when I come back everything is untouched.

Make Salem Hard Again. MSHA
Forungi

Postby Judaism » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:01 pm

belgear wrote:(A gross overadjustment (removal of tea and increase of drain AT THE SAME TIME) being what led to the current predicament)

Don't forget additional walls, passive defense structures, active defense structures, no proper counter measure to locked houses and removal of possibilities such as lassoing yourself off-claim. The thing we were supposed to get in return for all this was the following: The final removal of TBC's, that deal never happened and we only received all the downsides.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:38 pm

TBCs do not need to be removed entirely that will just see a return to retards hopping from base to base to avoid ever being killed like before. instead scents need to be returned to their old durations of 1 - 3 months depending on the crime and the summon mechanic removed from TBC but the bind lock portion retained and duration increased to a few days instead of one or made to be based off of upkeep like a tbf.
Darwoth

Postby riker88 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:37 am

Wait so, I can make a 10,000 x 10,000 tile P-Claim and stop paying upkeep? I think i recently encountered one of these..

P-Claim was extended all the way into the forest, I could not even see the base without trespassing on the P-Claim.
riker88
Customer

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:13 am

You can, but it's one of those things that you will regret in the future.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations