The Great Constructs

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: The Great Constructs

Postby TotalyMeow » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:24 pm

These are like golems or statues or what?
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby MaxPlanck » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:25 pm

The idea was to buff only the individual using it at the time. Not to buff all members in a town or around said construct.

Construct is just a general term for a building, but sounds better. They could be thought as altars or the sort.

These are like golems or statues or what?

They are like the family statues from popham.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Shadow86 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:26 pm

I like the idea of having "Alters" to pray to that give buffs..

Perhaps a Gold Alter? Silver Alter? Maybe some others? As for buffs, I have no clue...

Maybe one can give a chance at increase field harvest, or something to lessen GRIND & or pointless tasks...
Shadow86

Postby Judaism » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:34 pm

Temporary constructs to fight your dominance over would be very cool, obviously it has to have benefits, they would have to be ''public'' and there shouldn't be too many at once. Imagine a new type of ''town/claim'' where crimes do not leave scents on, so that it would lead to confrontation very often.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Taipion » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:54 am

Judaism wrote:Temporary constructs to fight your dominance over would be very cool, obviously it has to have benefits, they would have to be ''public'' and there shouldn't be too many at once. Imagine a new type of ''town/claim'' where crimes do not leave scents on, so that it would lead to confrontation very often.

iirc limers front had a somewhat similar intention, just did not work out that well, I think it could have, if we had a little more players.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:24 am

Limers front is meant to be a teleport stop and working well as one.

This isn't a bad idea, overall, but needs a lot of polishing, I think. Including a better concept for where this fits in Salem era lore. Some of the effects look good. Some a bit op. I don't think we want to add anything else to any part of raiding right now, for example. It's already too in need of an overhaul.

TotalyMeow

Postby MaxPlanck » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:28 am

Judaism wrote:Temporary constructs to fight your dominance over would be very cool, obviously it has to have benefits, they would have to be ''public'' and there shouldn't be too many at once. Imagine a new type of ''town/claim'' where crimes do not leave scents on, so that it would lead to confrontation very often.

I like where this is going. A building just sitting in a town to add extra buffs is a bit stale and we need some incentive for pvp although the benefits would have to be greater on a scale and could be fought over weekly and if that is too often to try and control them all whilst still doing your own salem stuff then it could be a monthly thing.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby matan002 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:59 pm

Obviously this abuse or whatever Dallane talked about has to be looked over before even considering this. I like the idea though!
Maybe some changes to it would make it more fitting to the theme of the game?
Lachlaan wrote:The motherbats await a spanking, for the sake of fields.
matan002

Postby Taipion » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:06 pm

Taipion wrote:

iirc limers front had a somewhat similar intention, just did not work out that well, I think it could have, if we had a little more players.

For those who really try that hard to misread every word, I did mean the endless lime fields near limers front, that have been there before there was an outpost/town where you can port to.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:23 am

No, that was just a gimmick. Please stay on topic.

TotalyMeow

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations