Offline PMs

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Offline PMs

Postby DargonPrinces » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:59 pm

hey this has probly been sugested b4 but i think we really need a propper way to pm offline kin's indame? Wurm unlimited does this great you build a mailbox and then you can get msges.

we dont have this yet right? (if we do how?)
sorry if there is bad spelling or grammer im like 1.5L of redwine if atm.,...,
DargonPrinces
Customer

Re: Offline PMs

Postby Forungi » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:10 am

You can PM someone on the forums already, and personally I think that sounds annoying as *****.
Forungi

Postby Taipion » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:10 pm

Forungi wrote:You can PM someone on the forums already, and personally I think that sounds annoying as *****.

You can have someone kinned without knowing the forum name, or you knew it once and forgot it,
or you are having business of whatever sort with someone who simply does not want to reveal his forum name.

There are reasons why such a system would be good in some way, that is, sending offline messages to kinned players.

And iirc there have been multiple requests and discussions about similar things like a message board (an actual ingame item) for townmates,
and the (in other games common) "message of the day" or whatever it is called for the town chat.
In short, ways to provide messages to your townies or other players without being online at the same time.

This is also very well fitting the games setting, just make sure your char needs literacy to read boards and letter. ^^

The problem here is, how much of the highly valuable dev time it would take to implement either of these,
and how that would be in relation to the added value it would provide.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Goodman12 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:18 pm

I like it
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Return to Ideas & Innovations