suggestion about pack / unpack items....

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

suggestion about pack / unpack items....

Postby Nsuidara » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:19 pm

If the mechanic isn't small... than i describe here.
I have two ideas about the mechanic...

1) Item "package tools"
item work like the Spring
pick (left mouse button)
right click mouse button on the item like chest, pot, stockbin...
character work from 0% to 100% ( 5min )
and next in inventory or like Wrought Bar swap "package tools" into package chest, package pot....
- chest must be empty
- stockbin same
- pot same (but copy pure)

2) Build "package machine"
how work ? you put item like chest, pot, stockbin ... (like Stone Boulder into Stamp mill) this build work (need materials boards, metal...) and player need wait 24h :P
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Re: suggestion about pack / unpack items....

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:35 pm

Aside from the explanation I gave you that we want you to have to stay in one spot so as to keep your purity (partly so that people can't just leave when a waste claim goes over them and claim the 'lost nothing'), this mechanic doesn't make a lot of sense.

Remember that Salem takes place in the 1600's, early 1700's. There weren't a lot of automated machines back then. There also isn't really a reason for it to make sense that you can 'pack' something up and suddenly it goes from being large and difficult to move to small and easy to carry. I suppose we could make the packages weigh 20-30 kg each and not allow you to teleport while carrying them, but still, it doesn't make sense. One wrought iron bar is also very cheap for being able to pack up a high purity item and easily carry it away.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Taipion » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:55 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:Aside from the explanation I gave you that we want you to have to stay in one spot so as to keep your purity (partly so that people can't just leave when a waste claim goes over them and claim the 'lost nothing'), this mechanic doesn't make a lot of sense.

Remember that Salem takes place in the 1600's, early 1700's. There weren't a lot of automated machines back then. There also isn't really a reason for it to make sense that you can 'pack' something up and suddenly it goes from being large and difficult to move to small and easy to carry. I suppose we could make the packages weigh 20-30 kg each and not allow you to teleport while carrying them, but still, it doesn't make sense. One wrought iron bar is also very cheap for being able to pack up a high purity item and easily carry it away.

By your explanation, shop packs make no sense either. :P :lol:

That said, I agree things are already moveable to a reasonable degree as they are, and purity should not be more moveable as it is.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Nsuidara » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:38 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:Remember that Salem takes place in the 1600's, early 1700's. There weren't a lot of automated machines back then.

i love this argu...
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Heffernan » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:57 pm

i disagree

why would u move chests and stockbins? they are very easy to build

and if u could just copy or move high purity pots it would take alot of fun from the game, if u want to move be ready to make a complete new town.
Heffernan

Postby riolic » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:59 pm

Location is somewhat important, if you want to move, it should be a major sacrifice to do so, even tho I'd say getting purity back once you have it once is -very- easy
riolic
Customer

Postby Taipion » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:27 pm

riolic wrote:Location is somewhat important, if you want to move, it should be a major sacrifice to do so, even tho I'd say getting purity back once you have it once is -very- easy

Easy yes, but time consuming, as it should be.

Now, what are we actually arguing about, I mean, what should or could be easier to move?
Probably nothing related to purity, but is there anything else?
How about re-packing shop items, with certain restrictions though so you can't just break in somewhere and sneak out all the tailors cotton cleaners, gardener pots and big ass clocks?
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Goodman12 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:06 pm

Taipion wrote:Easy yes, but time consuming, as it should be.

Now, what are we actually arguing about, I mean, what should or could be easier to move?
How about re-packing shop items, with certain restrictions though so you can't just break in somewhere and sneak out all the tailors cotton cleaners, gardener pots and big ass clocks?

Doesn't matter what item it is, if you want to move to a new location either carry it using carts/lifting or suffer the lost.
Also, even if something like this is to be implemented why the hell should there be an exception/restriction to prevent raiders from doing it also?
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby Goodman12 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:08 pm

Goodman12 wrote:
Taipion wrote:Easy yes, but time consuming, as it should be.

Doesn't matter what item it is, if you want to move to a new location either carry it using carts/lifting or suffer the lost.
Also, even if something like this is to be implemented why the hell should there be an exception/restriction to prevent raiders from doing it also?

NOTE: The completely idea of this is stupid and Nsu should've have went on to make a suggestion thread after TotalyMeow gave her stance on and explain why it is not a good idea.
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby Taipion » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:29 pm

Goodman12 wrote:Also, even if something like this is to be implemented why the hell should there be an exception/restriction to prevent raiders from doing it also?

You misinterpret too much into my words.

Not: "prevent raiders from doing it", but instead put restrictions on it (as I said), restrictions could mean things like (some or several of these):
- it takes 24h or so to pack, start progress -> item unusable (still lift-able) for 24h -> after 24h right click option to pick up -> moves packed into your inventory
- must not have been moved for xx days to start the process
- may not be packed while on a claim ¦] (this would actually be a pretty nice)
- as pure anti-theft option: may not be packed while scented (which would remove the scents iirc)
Taipion

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations