Landscape.

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Landscape.

Postby kitsune5 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:37 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Seems like I recall the trees being even bigger than that at one point. You literally couldn't see the ground in some places for the number of trees. I will agree they've gotten too small, but play with it for a few hours without the forage radar, and you're quickly overwhelmed and can't find a thing.

Now, if (when) a radar is added to the default client, sure, let's bring back the trees in their massive glory. For now, lets keep the game playable for all choices.

Yes that a good idea, but i would like know what developers think about all of this.
Why they do this huge change? dont know
im expectin an admin(developer) post.

Pd: Fox, i love you too <3 xDDDD fox power (would be nice fox in this game :D)
Last edited by kitsune5 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kitsune5

Postby kitsune5 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:38 pm

Mtibbs1989 wrote:You're absolutely right this game isn't hilly enough *sarcasm intended*

sexy.
kitsune5

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:08 am

kitsune5 wrote:Yes that a good idea, but i would like know what developers think about all of this.
Why they do this huge change?

It was some of the very early testing. The trees were just so large you could barely see anything. I came in after they had been shrunk down to the size in the video you posted, and they were still too large to see items effectively.

Another option over shrinking the trees would to make them translucent in front of the camera, but that's a harder task to accomplish. I'm not even sure if it would fit in with the aesthetic.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby kitsune5 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:57 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
kitsune5 wrote:Yes that a good idea, but i would like know what developers think about all of this.
Why they do this huge change?

It was some of the very early testing. The trees were just so large you could barely see anything. I came in after they had been shrunk down to the size in the video you posted, and they were still too large to see items effectively.

Another option over shrinking the trees would to make them translucent in front of the camera, but that's a harder task to accomplish. I'm not even sure if it would fit in with the aesthetic.

Okey okey, well now just wait to any kind of minimal trees change
Thank you everybody.
kitsune5

Postby colesie » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:55 pm

Mtibbs1989 wrote:You're absolutely right this game isn't hilly enough *sarcasm intended*

Needs moar wooden fence
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby iamah » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:25 pm

what OP really wanted was a 2D game... like Age Of Empires 2... it's much more easier to achieve the art style wanted and the artist have more power over how things look in game... once you go 3D it's not so trivial to achieve the art style you want to...
iamah

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations