Time FIX!

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Time FIX!

Postby matan002 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:06 pm

Wow, tons of arguments in your post. Much to read and take in mind. Lots of constructive criticism
Lachlaan wrote:The motherbats await a spanking, for the sake of fields.
matan002

Postby Heffernan » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:09 pm

matan002 wrote:Wow, tons of arguments in your post. Much to read and take in mind. Lots of constructive criticism

no rly need for that everyone already knows that combat is junk and best avoided.
Heffernan

Postby JohnSnow » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:35 pm

All these complaints are meaningless if you do not offer something instead of wing-a-rangs. Without them any fight turns into a race to nearest town. For example, in Hafen the runaway gets 5% penalty to speed and thus he is forced to fight in any case. But he can fight, not just stay in stun.
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Postby Heffernan » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:53 pm

JohnSnow wrote:All these complaints are meaningless if you do not offer something instead of wing-a-rangs. Without them any fight turns into a race to nearest town. For example, in Hafen the runaway gets 5% penalty to speed and thus he is forced to fight in any case. But he can fight, not just stay in stun.

how does the game even tell if someone is " a runaway" ?
Heffernan

Postby JohnSnow » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:00 pm

Heffernan wrote:how does the game even tell if someone is " a runaway" ?

Well, you're in a fight with someone and you are turned to him with your back, in this case you get a penalty to speed. So you have to turn around and fight face to face like a man.
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Postby Goodman12 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:15 pm

Combat on a whole is not broken, only a few minor parts (swarm darts and wing a rangs). Because wings do not disappear on miss and cost little yellow bile to use it encourages players to continuously spam it simply because it is effective. This takes away the skill aspect of the wing in most cases and adds luck as it's major factor.
My fix for it is to:
1) Each wing can only be shot once, whether it hits or miss
2) Throwing a wing at someone cost significantly more yellow bile. Example: Throwing wing once takes away 1% yellow bile (though I would like it to be more, not sure how it would balance)
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby Heffernan » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:19 pm

Goodman12 wrote:Combat on a whole is not broken, only a few minor parts (swarm darts and wing a rangs). Because wings do not disappear on miss and cost little yellow bile to use it encourages players to continuously spam it simply because it is effective. This takes away the skill aspect of the wing in most cases and adds luck as it's major factor.
My fix for it is to:
1) Each wing can only be shot once, whether it hits or miss
2) Throwing a wing at someone cost significantly more yellow bile. Example: Throwing wing once takes away 1% yellow bile (though I would like it to be more, not sure how it would balance)

dont forget the Lasso that once u throw it it calls the Enterprise into the Orbit to magically teleport the enemy next to you without half a second and needs to be removed

also making pocket watches more rare
Heffernan

Postby Goodman12 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:26 pm

Heffernan wrote:dont forget the Lasso that once u throw it it calls the Enterprise into the Orbit to magically teleport the enemy next to you without half a second and needs to be removed

Lasso's definitely should not be removed, however there are certain factors about it which I am not going to discuss which should.
I was trying to ignore the pocket watches talk but since you replied it to me.
I think that it is already rare as it should be however, I would like to see side effects to the user. My side effects are:
1) After using one pocket watch, you cannot use another one for a certain period of time. In addition to this, the person using the pocket watch should move at a slower pace then normal. (Running extreme hard takes up a lot of energy, therefore your body needs time to recover). It could also force your character to take a rest period of 5 seconds or so but I think that would remove the reason for using them in the face place.

2) While running under the influence of a pocket watch buff, the user should experience significant phlegm drain.(logically: Your body uses up more energy if you're running faster, especially if it's at an abnormal speed, so I think that it would make sense to trade phlegm for speed)
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby Judaism » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:00 pm

JohnSnow wrote:in Hafen

Seems to me that Hafen is superior then.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby MaxPlanck » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:48 pm

Heffernan wrote:

More rare? That would just make wingarangs even stronger.
MaxPlanck
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations