Personalities

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Personalities

Postby Ghoul » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:37 pm

Give new characters better gains from inspirationals or more points into proficiencies from specific tasks based on a roll. Possibly better humour gains when gobbling. Or, create predetermined personalities that a character might have.
E.G. You might roll a character who has better gains in Mines & Mountains and phlegm.
E.G. You might roll a character with a Greedy personality. They get bonuses in, say, debasing with a chance for extra silver and/or reduced scent duration and/or small chance to not spawn evidence, but have difficulty with S&E, H&N and C&D. So you could turn this character into a good money-maker but it would be more difficult to level it up. Finding out what personality your character has should be unexplained and not easy (if you do not notice the advantages/disadvantages of your personality by playing the game).

This concept could be expanded to give individual characters random chances to be better at anything. Potentially this mechanic could be too OP, or proficiencies could be expanded to fulfil this role. I wanted to suggest it because I like the immersive effect it has.
Last edited by Ghoul on Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Realak wrote:You guys are treating this game like it is a pvp esport or something and not the retarded version of farmville it is.
Ghoul

Re: Personalities

Postby Goodman12 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:23 pm

Trash
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby Bleuwulf » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:24 pm

Not sure they haven't done this,it could just be happenstance,but I have noticed some of alts seem "luckier" than others with respects to finding rare foragables or how many pulls they get from a coal clamp or rubble boulder (with identical skills).

But if they haven't it is a novel and meritable idea,tho implementation of such code might prove problematic per another discussion about modifying fruit orchards bloom being tile-loaded dependent,among a dozen other things.
This game is full of cowards. Don't fear the braggarts and blowhards,it's the ones who CLAIM to be your friends that will lure you into ambush and backstab you.....
Bleuwulf

Postby AcidSpiral » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:05 pm

Bleuwulf wrote:how many pulls they get from a coal clamp or rubble boulder (with identical skills).

All rubble boulders will give the exact same amount of rubble. Coal clamps have a base number with a +X amount given at the time of lighting based on a character's S&E skill. Even with a high S&E though this +X can be +0 because of the RNG.
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby Taipion » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:31 pm

Ghoul wrote:Give new characters better gains from inspirationals or more points into proficiencies from specific tasks based on a roll. Possibly better humour gains when gobbling. Or, create predetermined personalities that a character might have.
E.G. You might roll a character who has better gains in Mines & Mountains and phlegm.
E.G. You might roll a character with a Greedy personality. They get bonuses in, say, debasing with a chance for extra silver and/or reduced scent duration and/or small chance to not spawn evidence, but have difficulty with S&E, H&N and C&D. So you could turn this character into a good money-maker but it would be more difficult to level it up. Finding out what personality your character has should be unexplained and not easy (if you do not notice the advantages/disadvantages of your personality by playing the game).

This concept could be expanded to give individual characters random chances to be better at anything. Potentially this mechanic could be too OP, or proficiencies could be expanded to fulfil this role. I wanted to suggest it because I like the immersive effect it has.

This would:
- limit people in what they can do with a char
- be an incentive to roll dozends of chars to find the right one
- therefore much grind before you can even start = not good
- possibly de-value existing characters

No.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:39 pm

We had plans to do this, actually. Though the potential gains would be small enough to not make it worthwhile to roll new characters all the time over it. I can't remember if we already added the bee allergy or not...
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Dallane » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:40 am

TotalyMeow wrote:We had plans to do this, actually. Though the potential gains would be small enough to not make it worthwhile to roll new characters all the time over it. I can't remember if we already added the bee allergy or not...

It's been a very long time since this was talked about but is there still a hidden luck skill to each character?
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby TotalyMeow » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:47 am

Dallane wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:We had plans to do this, actually. Though the potential gains would be small enough to not make it worthwhile to roll new characters all the time over it. I can't remember if we already added the bee allergy or not...

It's been a very long time since this was talked about but is there still a hidden luck skill to each character?

I honestly don't remember if we did that or not.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Reviresco » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:03 am

Add rabid animals.

If you can't lose a titan to a squirrel bite, your game is softcore.
Reviresco

Postby Goodman12 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:18 pm

Reviresco wrote:Add rabid animals.

If you can't lose a titan to a squirrel bite, your game is softcore.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
¦] ¦]
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations