A Few New Inspirationals

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

A Few New Inspirationals

Postby Sacre » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:08 pm

Hey everyone. I hope it's okay to suggest new inspirationals here, so here I go.

The idea behind these was adding some alternatives to skills that kind of lack a few different mid- and high-end inspirationals.
(I know my inspirational lore thingies aren't the best in the world.)
First off:

"A Nutty Quartet"

Requires: Nuts & Seeds.

"Sparks of mad and menacing thoughts fly from each and every one."

2x Chesnut, 2x Acorn, 2x Any Plant

Cloak & Dagger: 200

Frontier & Wilderness: 850

Sparks & Embers: 450

Sugar & Spice: 800

Natural Philosophy: 450

"An Ever-Lasting Hibernation"

Requires: Small Game Hunting, Flowers & Berries.

"Waken up, then put to sleep, put in a hollow log so deep."

1x dead Timbler Rattler, 1x Singing Old Log, 3x Autumn Grass, 2x Any Plant

Cloak & Dagger: 1050

Frontier & Wilderness: 1600

Hunting & Gathering: 2250

Natural Philosophy: 1400

Witch's Ring

Requires: Mushroom Hunting.

"Dancing 'round the toadstools small,
fire draws the shadows tall.
cackling laughter shall ensue,
Under night sky dark and blue."

3x Witch's Hat, 2x Any Mushroom, 3x Stone

Faith & Wisdom: 1500

Law & Lore: 1200

Pots & Pans: 1900

Sugar & Spice: 500

Natural Philosophy: 1350

Perennial Philosophy: 450

A Taste of the Blue Waves

Requires: Fishing, Essential Mineralogy.

"A drop of cold,
depths untold,
A squish of salt,
from splashing sault."

1x Any Fish, 2x Coarse Salt, 0.50l Water, 2x Lilypad Bulb

Arts & Crafts: 450

Hunting & Gathering: 875

Law & Lore: 560

Natural Philosophy: 250

That's what I have to suggest. I might eventually expand the list. Please discuss values if you feel that they are unfair.
Sacre

Re: A Few New Inspirationals

Postby Sevenless » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:23 am

Considering the singing old log starts with 900 C/D, the hibernation curio should probably have a smidge more in it for adding a rattler.

The only potential issue is adding high value curios like that significantly boosts the easy to get C/D value.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Sacre » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:30 am

True. the idea was, however, that it did increase your ability to earn C&D a wee bit. Once you get around 2700 it's hard enough to get a level, but I don't even dare thinking about 6000.

Of course, you could say that this was intentional, to keep all but the highly-dedicated from getting the ability to steal, kill, etc.
It could, of course, be otherwise possible to fix through increasing the values of the current C&D inspirationals a bit. It was doable back in the closed beta test, but now, with the learning ability system, it is significantly harder than before. I'm not saying this is a bad thing at all, but it has been said before that with learning ability, the system needs re-balancing. Mainly by tinkering with the values of the current ones, and (hopefully) adding some new ones.
Sacre

Postby Minch » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:53 pm

These look awesome, very creative with the names and quotes! would love to see a wider range of inspirationals added.
Minch

Postby TotalyMoo » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:53 pm

Very fun inspirationals indeed!
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby Sevenless » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:55 pm

Sacre wrote:True. the idea was, however, that it did increase your ability to earn C&D a wee bit. Once you get around 2700 it's hard enough to get a level, but I don't even dare thinking about 6000.

Of course, you could say that this was intentional, to keep all but the highly-dedicated from getting the ability to steal, kill, etc.
It could, of course, be otherwise possible to fix through increasing the values of the current C&D inspirationals a bit. It was doable back in the closed beta test, but now, with the learning ability system, it is significantly harder than before. I'm not saying this is a bad thing at all, but it has been said before that with learning ability, the system needs re-balancing. Mainly by tinkering with the values of the current ones, and (hopefully) adding some new ones.

Honestly once you figure out the inspirational system 6k doesn't seem so daunting. It does require that you keep track of what variety curios you've consumed, but I could easily do it with a pile of singers and/or wicked wickermen right now.

But yeah, awesome work on the inspirationals :)
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Banok » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:47 pm

sacre is a poet but he didn't knoweth

+1 from me
Banok

Postby milonti » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:51 pm

Looks good, I like it.
milonti

Postby five9 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:33 pm

they read really nice,, i'd just wonder about the stats they give, compared to items needed to make them,,
five9

Postby JeffGV » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:17 pm

Quite nice indeed. Can others propose their ideas in this thread or should i open a thread for a single inspirational i'm thinking about?
JeffGV

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations