Scalping leave scents?

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby saltmummy » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:20 am

For game stuff, it's a poor idea. Real world though, the mutilation or abuse of grave remains (human corpses) is a felony. Owning them is not a crime as long as you didn't steal them, don't intentionally damage them in some way, or try to sell them. There are a number of exceptions to this as long as the proper legal channels are taken. It also depends from state to state but generally speaking, if your criminal neighbor dies, it's still against the law to scalp him. Keep it a free practice in Salem, It's a good part of the PVP.

Here's chapter 10 of the Louisiana Cemetary board's regulations concerning human remains.
http://www.lcb.state.la.us/legal/chapter10.pdf

And just for the record, it isn't about the corpses "rights." Technically, the corpse is the property of the deceased's family, while veneration and respect for the dead are a big deal in most places around the world.

Just to be clear though, I'm not arguing in favor of Nsu's idea. It's a bad idea.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby Nsuidara » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:16 am

saltmummy wrote:Just to be clear though, I'm not arguing in favor of Nsu's idea. It's a bad idea.

i little don't think it's a bad idea.
because
The Inheritance includes transfer of ownership of any property (Stake Claims) owned by the ancestor, and 30% of the Humors and (maybe just 15%) Proficiencies that the ancestor had last time they planned their estate. If the ancestor decayed with Scalp intact, there is a 10% bonus, resulting in 40% recovery of Humors and Proficiencies.

if scalping isn't bad, nobody feels therefore a risk about scalping... then meybe remove scalping penalty from Inheritance ? or scalping drop scent ?
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Dallane » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:30 am

Nsuidara wrote:
The Inheritance includes transfer of ownership of any property (Stake Claims) owned by the ancestor, and 30% of the Humors and (maybe just 15%) Proficiencies that the ancestor had last time they planned their estate. If the ancestor decayed with Scalp intact, there is a 10% bonus, resulting in 40% recovery of Humors and Proficiencies.

if scalping isn't bad, nobody feels therefore a risk about scalping... then meybe remove scalping penalty from Inheritance ? or scalping drop scent ?

Quoting the same exact thing OVER AND OVER doesn't prove or add anything to your idea. There are already multiple scents being dropped for a majority of the time in this process why add another to a useless body. You aren't giving any actual evidence on why this should change. GIVE A REAL REASON.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby SEMvergonha » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:02 am

Irving wrote:
SEMvergonha wrote:
Nsuidara wrote:why? scalping body not leave scent ? ... it's horrible think.. and many players in public boston do that... what a barbarity :(

I agree, it's a complete insanity.
But consider a crime... I do not know... ,
I believe that in real life no one would stand still seeing a person scalp another ... :lol:

If you look for "dead have no rights" why stealing a dead body a crime then? Answer this!! ¦]

Because you are stealing from the graveyard dude. You are breaking in and stealing an object. Does your TV have rights? No. Is it a crime if somebody takes it? Yes

I did not talk about graveyard, I said the body was thrown on the floor.
Anyway I do not care about it.
SEMvergonha
Customer

Re: Scalping leave scents?

Postby Nsuidara » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:06 pm

No where does it say that bodies have rights\

pls. close this topic
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby gorniksam » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:23 pm

Nsuidara wrote:why? scalping body not leave scent ? ... it's horrible think.. and many players in public boston do that... what a barbarity :(

Why it should? Cos noobs are crying about such irrelevant **** like that?
gorniksam

Postby AcidSpiral » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:14 am

Irving wrote:
SEMvergonha wrote:

I agree, it's a complete insanity.
But consider a crime... I do not know... ,
I believe that in real life no one would stand still seeing a person scalp another ... :lol:

If you look for "dead have no rights" why stealing a dead body a crime then? Answer this!! ¦]

Because you are stealing from the graveyard dude. You are breaking in and stealing an object. Does your TV have rights? No. Is it a crime if somebody takes it? Yes

Larceny from a dead body leaves scents. You're stealing the scalp. If dead bodies have no rights then larceny should not leave scents either. ;) *coughletmerobthedeadinprovidencecough*
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby nadde991 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:41 pm

Then shouldn't butchering a bear with your own hands in front of people in Boston leave a scent too by that logic?
matan002 wrote:i'm on the most updated and highest technologically advanced mac, completely superior to the grub you call windows ¦]
nadde991

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations