Little things that are long overdue

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Little things that are long overdue

Postby Taipion » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:05 pm

There are a lot of little things in Salem, that should be easy to fix and are there since years,
for some of them I doubt there is any other reason than annoying players as to why they are not fixed yet.

Each of them is a little annoying, but together they take away a lot of fun, and make this game look unnecessarily unfinished/unpolished/badly implemented.
This may not only include bugs, but also things that are not good as they are, but likely easy to change.

Feel free to post other things of that kind here and I'll compile them into one list in this post.

1.)
Can't swap items on cursor with items equipped

2.)
Torchs:
- don't go into a toolbelt by themself (there is no reason not to have them in a toolbelt)
- can be equipped on both hand slots, but
- take left hand slot by default, when equipped in right hand slot and using a mannequin they go to the other slot and kick any item previously equipped there into the inventory

3.)
Butchers knives / hunters knives:
- can only be equipped in the right hand slot
- "fight" for that space with weapons, and replace them automatically when butchering after a fight
- as weapons are "not intended" to go into a toolbelt, they wont be re-equipped, so you have to do this manually, EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU BUTCHER, ....seriously?!?
=> As Kandarim suggested, make them equip-able on left hand slot only
=> Also, there is no resaon not to have weapons in toolbelts (or whatever-belts...), the only reason that could be, is annoying players and forcing more clicks for no reason, and that is dumb
... like, polearms are drawn from the toolbelt when used as axe, but not as weapon, ...seriously?

4.)
weapons and belts, see previous point
(for high end, there is no downside to being able to switch weapons fast, as you are limited by your set already to what damage type you can really do)

5.)
certain cloths being equipable in 2 slots, messing up with mannequins like torches do

6.)
moldy boards not storeable in stockbins like other boards

7.)
Brand new idea!
Make it so that that you can drink from cups/flasks without equipping them first!
If you can reach them with your hand (that is the cursor), you should be able to drink from them without attaching them to your body first!

8.)
Destillers:
Why not combine the inventory of all destillers inside an alchemy table into one? That worked in others places too, like with pockets (iirc), destillers are expensive enough as they are, they don't need to be a pointless click-fest in addition.
(might also promote fruit orchards further, as a side effect)

I'll add more to this list if/when it comes up in this thread...

Got more stuff like that?!
Add it here! ;)
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Re: Little things that are long overdue

Postby Dallane » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:08 pm

so whats the point of making a mega thread of things that were already posted?
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Re: Little things that are long overdue

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:48 am

There's a thread for small ideas already. I'll try to remember this thread next time I make a list.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Return to Ideas & Innovations