Specific eminent domain feature

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Specific eminent domain feature

Postby Nsuidara » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:46 am

better give made ally bettwen A town and B town..
when ally town - player member A town can teleport into B town and B member can teleport A... still can betray attack / other...
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:55 am

Nsuidara wrote:better give made ally bettwen A town and B town..
when ally town - player member A town can teleport into B town and B member can teleport A... still can betray attack / other...

cross roads system sucked in HH and would be even worse here
Darwoth

Postby ALTaZAR1 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:49 pm

we have that teleport in salem its "Dream World"
ALTaZAR1

Postby Dallane » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:05 pm

Darwoth wrote:

cross roads system sucked in HH and would be even worse here

The idea of it was nice but how it ended up was ******. At least in salem underworld is dangerous and requires investment.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Wandering » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:41 am

TotalyMeow wrote:Eminent domain is meant to allow a mayor to remove a PClaim of a player who is no longer part of a town for whatever reason. It's not really meant as a raid mechanic so no, we don't want to encourage it.

So you are siding with me? Heff's made yet another alt or his buddy (before his ban) pclaim that will require another domain 40K pclaim in close proximity to Junction City. I have to again jump into the top 5 to get rid of it?

And he's made 3-4 other, slightly smaller claims around the base in addition to this one. If I domain them- I give him silver back to create more! Never ending cycle. This won't do

I guess when one has 500,000 silver anything is possible and will continue into perpetuity!

I'm sick of the harassment. He wins this round; but this type of Raiding who is safe? Who can avoid it? Who can afford to avoid it.

And the worst... after being the recipient... I'm tempted to use this mechanic on others. Heffernan got away with it; is STILL getting away with it. Why shouldn't I use it against others? Welcome to the new Raid methodology!

I've moved on. For all Heffs posturing and pclaims he never broached my 'true' town. I'm willing to play somewhere else on the map and wait for him to get bored. He wants my Bell be totally different narrative.

His alts have only breached stone walls thus far. (I was in process of protected boundary stones with brick... should have gone with plank and done them all... brick starter take time/luck) All hindsight is 20/20
Wandering

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:32 am

No, it's not really for that purpose either. Fencing Pclaims are one of the reasons there's limits to how thin a pclaim can be and there's buffer zones required between them, though.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Darwoth » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:35 am

pclaims cost upkeep, if you were not retarded your town would be unaffected by any pclaims sitting outside of it and simply wait out the upkeep to destroy it instead of freaking out and spending a bunch of money/resources to domain it.
Darwoth

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations