Specific eminent domain feature

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Specific eminent domain feature

Postby Judaism » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:37 pm

I would like to see Tclaims gaining some power by implementing a form of specific eminent domain feature. The specific eminent domain feature can be done without reaching the actual pclaim stones, granted with a little bit more freedom as of currently. Not entirely selecting individual tiles, but maybe specific area's of lets say 50x50, the more you domain, the cheaper it would become per individual tile ofcourse.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Re: Specific eminent domain feature

Postby Darwoth » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:22 pm

Judaism wrote:I would like to see Tclaims gaining some power by implementing a form of specific eminent domain feature. The specific eminent domain feature can be done without reaching the actual pclaim stones, granted with a little bit more freedom as of currently. Not entirely selecting individual tiles, but maybe specific area's of lets say 50x50, the more you domain, the cheaper it would become per individual tile ofcourse.

sounds amazingly stupid and like a way for a zerg of players that suck to circumvent the actual raid and suck even more, you either breach the center and take the stone or you lost, seems pretty simple to me.
Darwoth

Postby Judaism » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:46 pm

Darwoth wrote:sounds amazingly stupid and like a way for a zerg of players that suck to circumvent the actual raid and suck even more, you either breach the center and take the stone or you lost, seems pretty simple to me.

Except the fact that silver has become less of an argument, YOU for example could spend a million on a pclaim to prevent 99% of the playerbase to even ever get to the centre, let alone actually remove walls and such with defenses. So its a way to fix the currently admitted broken Pclaims.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:55 pm

sure, and i to intend to create a large pclaim if i ever get around to creating my new and improved town (current one was given to me by biddas whom did a good job but was under the constraints of looking for a purity mine node so he had to settle in that horrible spot with literally nothing going for it in terms of resources, mobs, location, ports etc)

however it has nothing to do with draining out tards that think they should be able to raid an end game town on a 300 stat character they made in an hour, but rather controlling the region around my town so that when i am fighting zergs 1 vs xxx and i knock one out his friends cant just run me off with the remaining 3 that are left and ransom him home like numerous occasions of fighting you/your faction.

aside from that pretty sure pclaim drain is going back down to something resembling the old levels like it should have always been at, in the meantime you will have to do more cycles or use better guys.
Darwoth

Postby Judaism » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:11 pm

I am a fan of small progress, but lasting progess. With the way Pclaims work now, regardless of drain that becomes impossible because Pclaims are simply stronger than Tclaims in everyway once you have a waste claim active. So I really am having an issue with how the Pclaims work on itself, if I place an hostile town and destroy their boundaries, from my perspective I should be able to slowely push closer to his town. This has basicly always been incase, untill people started to make 100k + pclaims.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:19 pm

if someone spends 100k on a pclaim then you should have to spend 200k to declaim it, it is no different than how it is for small pclaims, the only issue with pclaims is the drain which was ***** retarded since the very first day it was put in and the problem is exacerbated on a large one. fix that by putting it back to the old drain levels and they are fine.

the notion of you getting to slowly declaim bites out of their claim until you get to destroy the town is ***** retarded :lol: they already can not destroy auth objects owned by you on their pclaim so if you breach to the center the only issue your taking exception to is not wanting to spend the money or build the auth pool.
Darwoth

Postby Darwoth » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:30 pm

also it should be noted that i have been a fan of claim stones being destructable with their strength being comparable to a steel wall post eliminating the need for eminent domain in the first place if you were able to breach to the center, however eminent domain should not be any less difficult than it currently is.
Darwoth

Postby Judaism » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:08 am

I think as long pclaims have no limit, some sort of feature like this will work fine. Pushing out your pclaims is just silly to me and I'll leave it there.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:31 am

of course you think its a good idea, since you came up with it in order to not have to actually win against anything other than a borderstone on the perimeter in range of your half dozen friends, siege base to retreat to, two steps to off claim, debuffless brazier draining (x10 given the numerous alts the rest of the group would also field) and friendly mortars :lol: :lol: :lol:

you want a moronic mechanic to turn every wall you come up against to be the new outside wall since that is 20 fold the easiest to get through, this is proven further by the fact you still think it is "needed" in the face of old style claim drain and destructable p claim stones :lol:
Darwoth

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:15 am

Eminent domain is meant to allow a mayor to remove a PClaim of a player who is no longer part of a town for whatever reason. It's not really meant as a raid mechanic so no, we don't want to encourage it.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations