Slot Chance Items

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Slot Chance Items

Postby MaxPlanck » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:17 pm

Need to wear a piercing set to get higher chance to slot needles ¦]
User avatar
MaxPlanck
Customer
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 3:20 pm

Re: Slot Chance Items

Postby JohnSnow » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:43 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:Meanwhile other players slot five things perfectly on the first try. It's just bad luck and confirmation bias.

But why do not you make distribution of slotting success equally among all players? Not so that one player receives 5 of 5 success and another player receives 0 of 5.
User avatar
JohnSnow
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:49 pm
Location: Winterfell

Re: Slot Chance Items

Postby DarkNacht » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:18 pm

JohnSnow wrote:But why do not you make distribution of slotting success equally among all players? Not so that one player receives 5 of 5 success and another player receives 0 of 5.
The distribution approaches equal for all players as the number of items they slot approaches infinity.
Last edited by DarkNacht on Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DarkNacht
 
Posts: 2637
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 11:24 am

Re: Slot Chance Items

Postby TotalyMeow » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:18 pm

JohnSnow wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:Meanwhile other players slot five things perfectly on the first try. It's just bad luck and confirmation bias.

But why do not you make distribution of slotting success equally among all players? Not so that one player receives 5 of 5 success and another player receives 0 of 5.


It's a random number. There's no record being kept here.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
User avatar
TotalyMeow
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3682
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:14 pm

Re: Slot Chance Items

Postby black89hawk » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:08 pm

I dont undersnad what is bad luck :? :?
what we know its game mean there it depend on numbers like smart machine
what I see is stuff slot keep break the chance so high like 90-95% break :? :? :?
User avatar
black89hawk
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:37 pm

Re: Slot Chance Items

Postby TotalyMeow » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:14 pm

black89hawk wrote:I dont undersnad what is bad luck :? :?
what we know its game mean there it depend on numbers like smart machine
what I see is stuff slot keep break the chance so high like 90-95% break :? :? :?


It's a random number. So if you have a 90% chance, over a long time you'll successfully slot 9/10 items. But that's over the long term. Sometimes, you'll get a run where you might slot 20 in a row. Sometimes you might get a group of 5 fails in a row. True, there is no 'luck', it's only statistics, but that's what we call it when things go better or worse than average.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
User avatar
TotalyMeow
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3682
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:14 pm

Re: Slot Chance Items

Postby Taipion » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:31 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:
black89hawk wrote:I dont undersnad what is bad luck :? :?
what we know its game mean there it depend on numbers like smart machine
what I see is stuff slot keep break the chance so high like 90-95% break :? :? :?


It's a random number. So if you have a 90% chance, over a long time you'll successfully slot 9/10 items. But that's over the long term. Sometimes, you'll get a run where you might slot 20 in a row. Sometimes you might get a group of 5 fails in a row. True, there is no 'luck', it's only statistics, but that's what we call it when things go better or worse than average.


That might be true for very big numbers, but we all know that the implementation of RNG in Salem is a bit ...special.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion
 
Posts: 1825
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Re: Slot Chance Items

Postby TotalyMeow » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:18 pm

Taipion wrote:That might be true for very big numbers, but we all know that the implementation of RNG in Salem is a bit ...special.


No, a percent chance is a percent chance. This is not the same as the weighted plenty for fields.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
User avatar
TotalyMeow
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3682
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:14 pm

Re: Slot Chance Items

Postby AngelOfSilence » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:28 pm

salem rng is rigged /conspiracy
Salem Wiki
Marketplace APP
BEST SHOOP IN THE GAME BUY ALL
Heffernan wrote: just sucks i forgot to raise yellow bile and cant loot anything hahaha sucks to be me..
User avatar
AngelOfSilence
 
Posts: 522
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:03 pm

Re: Slot Chance Items

Postby Taipion » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:34 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:
Taipion wrote:That might be true for very big numbers, but we all know that the implementation of RNG in Salem is a bit ...special.


No, a percent chance is a percent chance. This is not the same as the weighted plenty for fields.


As I explicitly said, I did not mean the % value of propability over huge samples, but the way RNG is implemented/rolled.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion
 
Posts: 1825
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:12 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests