TBF as privelage not a right

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

TBF as privelage not a right

Postby Frakked » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:31 pm

As I understand the mechanism (and I fully admit I probably don't understand it perfectly) but TBF is one town going to war against another.

What is a Town?

Currently- it's a Bell and nothing else.

Is that what it was meant to be? Town is supposed to be a place of activity, fields, farming, hunting, gathering, storage, garden, Mining, etc, etc. Most of us have active towns with all kinds of stuff going on- a glorified pclaim with extra protections.

My point is that Raiders are creating Towns with wall, defenses and Bell and nothing else for the sole purpose of war without risking anything at all. Their 'real home' is never as risk. Their Mayorship is never at risk. War without Risk... Death has become trivial in this Permadeath game.

I suggest a Town must certify it's activity to some level to be allowed the privilege of TBF. X hours developing it, fields, crops, storage... it has to be a viable town. Let's end the Bell and TBF in 2 hours BS. I can't imagine that's what it was meant to be and it's a travesty that just keep going on.

Oh- yes, I'm under one now and will end it quick; but it bothers me that even if I let it linger for 2 weeks... there's nobody at the other end to unseat the bastard for letting Bell Authority go to zero. There's really no penalty at all under the current rules.

Is the naked, grey haired bastard really the Mayor of a living town or a 10x10 wall and a Bell and nothing else?
Frakked

Re: TBF as privelage not a right

Postby Frakked » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:39 pm

Any chance we can have the town or Mayor's name that on the TBF when it's created?

Even with claims I can assign something in my social list so when I see them in town I can recognize them; but TBF are all anonymous w/o publicity like this.
Frakked

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:56 pm

Why do you keep antagonizing people? The way i see it, from the ammount of **** that you post it is long overdue.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby DeepSixed » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:03 pm

ZoddAlmighty wrote:Why do you keep antagonizing people? The way i see it, from the ammount of **** that you post it is long overdue.

1. you don't have to respond to it

2. Why aren't you more curious about the game and the way it works? Was there some manual or friendly Vet I failed to meet that spelled it out for you and just skipped me?

3. If you are threatened by these potential changes, why don't you offer a compelling argument?

Wow- perfect synergy here. Me- Trump- suggesting the game could be better (like US)

You- no real argument; all you can do talk **** about the messenger! (Liberal wanna be)

Just Wow!
DeepSixed

Postby Reviresco » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:42 pm

You clearly don't know Zodd very well. :roll:
Reviresco

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:50 pm

Reviresco wrote:You clearly don't know Zodd very well. :roll:

Thank you.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby riolic » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:03 pm

I think the only potentially viable part of this, is -some- identifying information on the TBF, like we have with poop claims.
riolic
Customer

Postby Heffernan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:52 am

Frakked wrote:Any chance we can have the town or Mayor's name that on the TBF when it's created?

but then the effect of surprise and stealth and not knowing who does it is gone, also people can create fakenames an fakemajors

Heffernan

Postby Sipo » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:33 pm

Town level up would be nice. Admit more members, nicer looking bell, flags in town wall corners etc
Sipo

Return to Ideas & Innovations