Organized skills by categories.

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Organized skills by categories.

Postby Forungi » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:28 am

Dallane wrote:information on what is past that skill isn't good for the game.

Pure wisdom right here.
Forungi

Postby Lusewing » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:30 am

I have to agree with Dallane. The category idea works well and might encourage people to explore the skills more if it is not just one big jumble.
A skill tree on the other hand is just so... linear. Making it feel like you are forced to travel down the paths in front of you rather then picking the skills as you want them.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby Coveredwagon » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:41 am

Please consider that all that information is available on the wiki for the players who want it. Well somehow it would be nice to know what each skill does before you start learning it, or once you learned it, but it also is a lot of fun to figure out what a skill gives you. Usually the skill learning concerns people mostly when they play the first time and then the discovering is actually a lot of fun. People who play several chars will probably use the wiki as a guide if they don't already know what to do.
Some people are so busy learning the tricks of the trade that they never learn the trade.
Coveredwagon

Postby Lazun123 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:21 am

This is probably the last thing i have ever thought about needing fixing. I mean **** most of the skills are self explanatory. even the new skills, "Shellfish Trapping" dont know how much more simpler it gets from that. I feel like the skill tree heff posted is more confusing.
WWJCD
Lazun123

Postby Reviresco » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:19 am

The only skill progression I can think off of the top of my head that isn't intuitive is the Bark Gathering one (http://salemwiki.info/index.php/Bark_Gathering).
Reviresco

Postby Rifmaster » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:13 pm

Even though the skills are very intuitive, there are just way too many for a new player to see what the hell he's doing, sorting them into smaller groups is what's needed, preferably by profession.
Rifmaster

Postby alagar » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:48 pm

Lazun123 wrote:This is probably the last thing i have ever thought about needing fixing. I mean **** most of the skills are self explanatory. even the new skills, "Shellfish Trapping" dont know how much more simpler it gets from that. I feel like the skill tree heff posted is more confusing.

It's not fixing, is improving.
REMOVE STALLS!
alagar

Postby Sipo » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:03 pm

I still want some skills that unlock by doing certain actions rather than leveling up :oops:
Sipo

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:28 pm

Sipo wrote:I still want some skills that unlock by doing certain actions rather than leveling up :oops:

I was under the impression that most skills unlock stuff?
ZoddAlmighty

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:42 pm

ZoddAlmighty wrote:
Sipo wrote:I still want some skills that unlock by doing certain actions rather than leveling up :oops:

I was under the impression that most skills unlock stuff?

Unlock BY DOING certain actions. Which sounds like a fun idea, but what sort of actions unlocking what sort of skills? We have witchcraft unlocking by studying a doll. Presumably, other skills like this would also be rare and difficult to get.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations