Witch trials

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Witch trials

Postby gorniksam » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:19 pm

Nsuidara wrote:but why ?
you know ? made witch 2th circle or 3th circle isn't easy...

WTF do you might know about 3rd circle of a witch?

Nsuidara wrote:and you know ? in this game... is very very easy lose permament character... no need more mechanic for lose permament character... this game need repair bugs and made more content...

Yes, we are know how easy is to kill you and how easy made you crying and ***** around
We need JUST more players in that game, nothing else at all
About Chrumps's idea - sounds nice and complicated, I like it but it's not needed in game at all
gorniksam

Postby Paradoxyc » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:39 am

Reviresco wrote:I've seen Marp Tarpton teleport around, conjur items from thin air, and move houses with his mind.

Just sayin'.

Still on the house thing eh? Just gotta let it go, man.
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby Reviresco » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:48 am

Paradoxyc wrote:
Reviresco wrote:I've seen Marp Tarpton teleport around, conjur items from thin air, and move houses with his mind.

Just sayin'.

Still on the house thing eh? Just gotta let it go, man.

You're enabling a house-wielding maniac.
Reviresco

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:50 am

Please keep this thread on topic. He actually comes close enough to the ideas we were bandying about several months ago that I'd like to have more opinions on it, not more childish bickering.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Taipion » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:19 am

TotalyMeow wrote:Please keep this thread on topic. He actually comes close enough to the ideas we were bandying about several months ago that I'd like to have more opinions on it, not more childish bickering.

Taipion wrote:Any "voting" in Salem would be as useful as voting in the USA, this is game of alts, after all.

Time to make more accounts?

[edit]:
Anything related to voting in Salem, where it comes down to giving a vote with a char or account, would be about as good as the idea of lockpicking.
If you were to implement lockpicking, you know what would happen? Everyone would have makeshift walls in front of their actual gates, which can be "opened" and "closed" in seconds without any cost, on a tclaim ofc so you can barricade your actual gates properly within the 24h window that the TbF gives you...

Don't get me wrong, witch accusation and stuff is not only a nice idea, but also very fitting to both the time Salem is set in, and the paranoid nature of the game and many of its players.
But you can't base it on voting, not if the outcome would be anyhow serious.
Last edited by Taipion on Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:20 am

Yeah yeah, assume some form of vote protection wherein flocks of alts won't help you.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby omegaedgar01 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:51 am

So one day you'll be selling your cotton in prov and out of the blue a bunch of trolls will acuse you. Then everyone else will vote guilty just for the lulz and you'll die without have done anything wrong?

Yeah..no thnx
Mortal Moments Loves You
omegaedgar01

Postby Taipion » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:48 am

omegaedgar01 wrote:So one day you'll be selling your cotton in prov and out of the blue a bunch of trolls will acuse you. Then everyone else will vote guilty just for the lulz and you'll die without have done anything wrong?

Yeah..no thnx

Likely, but also very "Salem"! :D
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Chrumps » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:22 pm

omegaedgar01 wrote:So one day you'll be selling your cotton in prov and out of the blue a bunch of trolls will acuse you. Then everyone else will vote guilty just for the lulz and you'll die without have done anything wrong?

Yeah..no thnx

Darwoth wrote:your "main character" is not the avatar you run around with, it is your primary base.

from:http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=18482&p=269815

I assumed the threshold for the trial is high enough to stop random trolls from succeeding. There should be following main ways to be successfully accused:
1. Displaying too witchy behaviour in Providence and being targeted by do-gooders
2. Coordinated action by a large faction, involving some allies
3. Being hated by a large part of server population
4. A very rare chance, next to impossible, by being used as a scapegoat by many real targets.

I would be more concerned about accusing people fighting in the dock club. That should be disabled during the fight and within dock club area. After the fight it is OK to accuse.
OTOH watchers beware.

Also it is worth to consider disabling accusing on KOed people (Dock Club and elsewhere).
Chrumps

Postby Taipion » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:29 pm

Chrumps wrote:

Yeah..no thnx

Darwoth wrote:your "main character" is not the avatar you run around with, it is your primary base.

from:http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=18482&p=269815

I assumed the threshold for the trial is high enough to stop random trolls from succeeding.

Mere assumption is not the way to go here, making a town of a certain size is trivial, many players have several towns to call their own.
For some of them, makine 10 or 20 more sizeable towns just to be able to accuse and sentence whoever they want, would not be hard either.
And yes, there are not that many players, especially if you take out new players and lowbies, you would not need much to unbalance this.
Taipion

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations