Witch trials

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Witch trials

Postby Chrumps » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:30 pm

It is about making high level alts rather than about towns. Still, considering you would need at least tens of accusations, worth 500 silver each, I do not expect trolls to be willing to spend that amount of silver on a random lowbie cotton seller.
See how cold mechanics easily got rid of plague alts even if making a plague alt and a few clothes for it is a very cheap thing.

Edit: I would love to see players running around Providence and offering silver for accusing this or that player.
Chrumps

Postby Reviresco » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:06 pm

How many characters do you have in total (across all accounts), Chrumps?
Reviresco

Postby Chrumps » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:54 pm

Stop derailing.
Chrumps

Postby Dallane » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:22 pm

Chrumps wrote:Stop derailing.

Like you just continued to do?
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Reviresco » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:25 pm

I honestly wasn't derailing...I asked to try to understand your perspective as the owner of x ("30+" as you said, before you edited) characters.
Reviresco

Postby Taipion » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:43 pm

Another "fun" point is, if accusing and sentencing actual witches is a desireable thing (reward), then it will be fun for all those witches that have not been very secretive about being a witch until now. ¦]
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby ArgentRhapsody » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:47 am

fun concept, but it better not be spammable.

maybe it could work by needing their reputation sullied enough for people to suspect them of witchcraft?

a public reputation system would be interesting to have in the main town of providence. People could slander you or record crimes against you and damage your reputation enough to make you susceptible to a witchcraft accusation, or you could improve it by donating money to church, or multiple other miscellaneous things, earning small benefits in town if it's positive? I'm pretty sure that would have to be fleshed out in it's own thread, but i think something like that would be interesting to go along with the idea of witch trials.

witchcraft scents could be reworked as well, so that it's not known who the scent is from, but proper identification could be done with high enough faith and wisdom & some other requirements, depending on the witch's perennial philosophy, or it can be used to accuse people with sullied reputations of witchcraft?
ArgentRhapsody

Postby Darwoth » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:17 am

retarded and horribly conceived system that would allow a gaggle of worthless newbs or 1 - 2 people powering alts to kill folks mains in the safety of town requiring zero strategy of any kind and risking nothing.

i would kill the majority of the top players on the server in short order with anything remotely similar to this and simply never bring any character of value to town again.
Darwoth

Postby insiqmeyer » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:27 am

Darwoth wrote:retarded and horribly conceived system that would allow a gaggle of worthless newbs or 1 - 2 people powering alts to kill folks mains in the safety of town requiring zero strategy of any kind and risking nothing.

i would kill the majority of the top players on the server in short order with anything remotely similar to this and simply never bring any character of value to town again.

+
insiqmeyer

Postby Chrumps » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:15 am

Reviresco wrote:I asked to try to understand your perspective as the owner of x characters.

Darwoth wrote:1 - 2 people powering alts

JohnCarver wrote:*There are over 60 Characters with over 750 in a Proficiency
*More players have Long Range Bombardment than Murder.
*More than 50 Witches have learned the skill to curse animals.
*More than 10,000 players have gotten to Hideworking.

Server Status wrote:Active users per month 2049

It is quite a different story to have 30 characters and to have 30 characters at 100-200 in two proficiencies.
Do you realize how many alts you need to raise to offset 10k of noobs ? Or even 2k of players as seen in server status. Accusation threshold is supposed to be defined in relation to active population total skill level.
Still, it is a valid question what the threshold should be. For sure it should be much higher than a sum of relevant proficiencies of all characters on a top account.
I have suggested earlier that only characters capable of accusing should count. That will also work, provided the actual accusation action will be enabled only after sufficient number of individual accounts have that skill

Darwoth wrote:requiring zero strategy of any kind and risking nothing

You will have to convince a number of players to accuse because your mythological army of alts will not be sufficient.
There is already a risk of spending lots of silver and achieving nothing but I agree there is a place to increase risks of accusing.
Darwoth wrote:i would ... simply never bring any character of value to town again.

That's the a cheap way to defend.
ArgentRhapsody wrote:....

No. Duplicating the same mechanics and piggybacking it on itself will do no good.
See, the act of accusing is exactly equal to damaging someone's reputation.
I would be glad to see reward for bringing skeletons to the hall of tears, but this is off-topic.
Taipion wrote:it will be fun for all those witches that have not been very secretive about being a witch until now.

I do not think it will be problem for widely known witches. Instead, one should be really quiet about being accused himself as this may place him in a death spiral.
Having that info published would feel more like lynching but then it will be really overpowered.

JohnCarver wrote:*Heffernan has sold 2,038 Savage charms to the stalls.
*The Most successful Stall has sold over 1 Million in Silver
*7 Stalls have grossed more than 500,000 in silver.
*An Executioners axe sold at 99,000 Silver on the stalls
*A Wardrum sold for 30,000 Silver on the stalls

Perhaps 500s for accusation is still too cheap. For sure a player owning 1 million in silver would be able to target anyone, but still not everyone.

Think about Popham Ark "success". I am more concerned about that kind of outcome.
Also, see how people are offering silver for so much feared Blood Moon.
Chrumps

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations