Witch trials

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Witch trials

Postby Rifmaster » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:19 pm

Chrumps wrote:
Darwoth wrote:requiring zero strategy of any kind and risking nothing

You will have to convince a number of players to accuse because your mythological army of alts will not be sufficient.

No you wont.
Rifmaster

Postby Reviresco » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:28 pm

Intention

vs.

Outcome
Reviresco

Postby Qiresea » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:35 pm

this idea would only result in a bunch of imbeciles spending all day in Boston right-clicking on each other to make an accusation. we already have parts 1 and 2 of this concept, we don't need part 3.
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Postby insiqmeyer » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:35 pm

Rifmaster wrote:
Chrumps wrote:
Darwoth wrote:requiring zero strategy of any kind and risking nothing

You will have to convince a number of players to accuse because your mythological army of alts will not be sufficient.

No you wont.

99% of the player here probably click yes just for the lolz
insiqmeyer

Postby Darwoth » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:23 pm

i hate it when i get curious and come to the idea forum, there is always a derp without a clue trying to push some sort of retarded nonsense. i now fully understand why the tribe devolved into slaughtering newbs.

i will briefly elaborate where you addressed me directly before i let you bloat in the stagnant puddle of your own retardation.

firstly your "great idea" is nothing more than a crybaby vote kick system found in all of the ****** FPS games that crap players like yourself use to boot the guy who has been kicking your ass for the past half hour.

assuming JC does not take up the habit of smoking a crack pipe there will never be a system in salem that allows a bunch of retards to "vote" for the game to kill someone for them, and if there was myself and any number of other vets would kill off dozens in the first day. there have been many discussions about witch trial mechanics since witchcraft was introduced, systems resulting in death as a potential outcome required a scent, systems that did not require a scent had annoying/temporary outcomes and a larger investment of capital and/or time on the part of the aggressor.

It is quite a different story to have 30 characters and to have 30 characters at 100-200 in two proficiencies.
Do you realize how many alts you need to raise to offset 10k of noobs ? Or even 2k of players as seen in server status. Accusation threshold is supposed to be defined in relation to active population total skill level.

there is a big difference between a competent player and a newb like yourself.

pretty much every character of a mediocre level used for anything at all has at least hoarding for the weight capacity alone, even my cheap characters i log for nothing other than to scout with certainly do and most moderate combat alts have proficiencies in the 150 range.

i can think of at least 15 people with over a dozen different characters in the 150 - 200 range not including their mains, and i am far from a social butterfly. furthermore if it meant i got to effortlessly death touch someone i would have 10, 20, 30 characters at 200, 400, 800 or whatever the needed level to achieve the desired threshold was in very short order as would many others, since you think 100 - 200 skill is a big deal you do nothing but show your total ignorance to the game.

There is already a risk of spending lots of silver and achieving nothing but I agree there is a place to increase risks of accusing.

my "mythological army" of 30 (actually it is 32 + main + witch, *****) is on the other server, i have significantly more on providence and others have similar, on popham all of said alts are a minimum of 75 profs if i am still working on them, the completed ones are again in the 125 - 150 range for the desired skill unlocks, providence characters are much older and already in that range or far higher depending what they were being used for.

additionally your stated risk of "lots of silver" is:

a> not a risk at all it is a purchase, and it is not remotely comparable to someones 1 - 3 year old character

b> is not "lots of silver" but in fact a meaningless amount of silver spread among dozens of people that still does not total what an average player has on them at any given time.

a risk would be to accuse someone requires a skill on par with lucky, initiates a combat flag and results in the death of the accuser should he lose the fight

That's the a cheap way to defend.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

and the first/most obvious of numerous workarounds to your idiotic suggestion that every single person would utilize starting on day one thus completely nullifying your entire suggestion in addition to killing convenient trading (most would only come to town with low stat alts in fancy clothes thus poor weight limit), town activity, events, and much of the socializing and gossip in the game.

if you want to deny other players of their character investment then you can take your ass off the town claim and attack them, learn the tricks of witchcraft to try in town or various other strategies.

you quite simply have no idea what your talking about at all, but feel free to prattle on if you like.
Darwoth

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations