Barber/Hairdresser shop in Providence

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Barber/Hairdresser shop in Providence

Postby Rover » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:10 am

Dallane wrote:
Champie wrote:Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but if I don't have someone kinned or memorized, I can never be sure that the character I see is a character I know. I could be wrong, but it is pretty easy to change clothes in Salem.

People typically stick to only a few sets of gear that they will eventually be known for using. During one of the server restarts we knew the tribe characters in the open world because of what they were wearing. The community is very small and people who actively play this game will know who is who.

From what you have written here you're implying that you only need to wear certain clothes to be recognised not players hair or facial hair as it is covered with hats or masks. your comment validates my claim that it will not effect peoples recognition.

Thanks
Rover

Postby Dallane » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:11 am

Nsuidara wrote:what a stupid argument
Dallane wrote:
Rover wrote:So you want to save your appearance to be able to change it when someone recognizes your character?

@Dallane, you are sometime ****...

what it is "Kin" or "Memmorize" ?
if you change appearance they still not remove "Kin" or "Memmorize"... or you think "gender change" => remove too "Kins" or "Memmorizes"
then i say... give only "gender change" without remove "Kins" or "Memmorizes"

END STORY BRO :P
it's boring

Learn to read and calm down. Your anger is really effecting your english.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Rover » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:33 am

Nsuidara wrote:what a stupid argument
Dallane wrote:
Rover wrote:So you want to save your appearance to be able to change it when someone recognizes your character?

@Dallane, you are sometime ****...

what it is "Kin" or "Memmorize" ?
if you change appearance they still not remove "Kin" or "Memmorize"... or you think "gender change" => remove too "Kins" or "Memmorizes"
then i say... give only "gender change" without remove "Kins" or "Memmorizes"

END STORY BRO :P
it's boring

You have a huge mistake in your quote it was not i who wrote "So you want to save your appearance to be able to change it when someone recognizes your character?"
I agree that this is not an argument we should be having but Dallane wants to challenge my proposal but all he did was make himself look bad and confirmed that this update will not affect player roconsision.
Rover

Postby Dallane » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:40 am

Rover wrote:I agree that this is not an argument we should be having but Dallane wants to challenge my proposal but all he did was make himself look bad and confirmed that this update will not affect player roconsision.

I'm sorry what I said wasn't taken as the joke it was but I already told you why john didn't want this in game as he has said it multiple times. You idiots either don't believe me or think that if you cry enough you can get your way.

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Rover » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:54 am

Dallane wrote:
Rover wrote:I agree that this is not an argument we should be having but Dallane wants to challenge my proposal but all he did was make himself look bad and confirmed that this update will not affect player roconsision.

I'm sorry what I said wasn't taken as the joke it was but I already told you why john didn't want this in game as he has said it multiple times. You idiots either don't believe me or think that if you cry enough you can get your way.

WAAAW the community is GOLD lol How the ***** did you become a moderator, do you like to call people idiots when they are correct so professional.
Your a bit slow in the head so i will help you keep on track of whats going on. What you have written has already been written by TotalyMeow and he/she said he/she will ask him again, maybe he will reconsider and you started chatting **** about players not being able to be recognised.

TotalyMeow wrote:The birth certificate only changed your gender. This idea has already been rejected by John, and though I don't really understand his reasons, he made it clear he didn't like the idea.

TotalyMeow wrote:I can ask about the hairdresser, but I really doubt he's changed his mind.
Rover

Postby Dallane » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:59 am

Rover wrote:WAAAW the community is GOLD lol How the ***** did you become a moderator, do you like to call people idiots when they are correct so professional.
Your a bit slow in the head so i will help you keep on track of whats going on. What you have written has already been written by TotalyMeow and he/she said he/she will ask him again, maybe he will reconsider and you started chatting **** about players not being able to be recognised.

TotalyMeow wrote:The birth certificate only changed your gender. This idea has already been rejected by John, and though I don't really understand his reasons, he made it clear he didn't like the idea.

TotalyMeow wrote:I can ask about the hairdresser, but I really doubt he's changed his mind.

If you have a problem with moderation then you need to PM meow. I was doing zero moderation on that post so please keep comments and complaints to pms

I do believe if you dig through his post you will find his answer to a barber. Yes I'm well aware that meow said she would bring it up. She constantly keeps of a list of things on here to run by him.

Dallane

Postby saltmummy » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:34 pm

Dallane wrote:I do believe if you dig through his post you will find his answer to a barber. Yes I'm well aware that meow said she would bring it up. She constantly keeps of a list of things on here to run by him.

In case rover is too lazy to do the digging, I found this one:

JohnCarver wrote:
Jennyferi wrote:Barber to the town, to change your appearance (hairstyle, color, facial hair) for some amount of silver.

Never. If you are murdered are transgressed by a player who looks a certain way then you should certainly be allowed to 'remember' how they looked and that player shouldn't have a simple barber to elude that visual cue.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:15 pm

Thank you saltmummy. Why everyone is getting on Dallane's case for doing a better job of explaining what John said than I did is beyond me. It was John who said he wants people to be recognized by their faces, not just through mem/kin. The next person I see in here calling Dallane a bad mod for explaining yet another thing for the upmteeth time because someone couldn't bother to use the search function is going to get banned for a day to calm the ***** down.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Rover » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:01 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:Why everyone is getting on Dallane's case for doing a better job of explaining what John said than I did is beyond me. It was John who said he wants people to be recognized by their faces, not just .

He did a better job at explaining than john himself, you're joking right? lol he was talking about clothes not hair and facial hair. If he wanted to make it clear he would of repeated what john said himself not his own version of why john doesn't want the barber shop. The reason i called him a **** mod is because he has no right to insult anyone in any way especially a mod who the community generally looks up to for assistance and support, if you support his behavior you're just as bad as he is.
Rover

Postby Dallane » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:27 pm

Rover wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:Why everyone is getting on Dallane's case for doing a better job of explaining what John said than I did is beyond me. It was John who said he wants people to be recognized by their faces, not just .

He did a better job at explaining than john himself, you're joking right? lol he was talking about clothes not hair and facial hair. If he wanted to make it clear he would of repeated what john said himself not his own version of why john doesn't want the barber shop. The reason i called him a **** mod is because he has no right to insult anyone in any way especially a mod who the community generally looks up to for assistance and support, if you support his behavior you're just as bad as he is.

Just because I didn't straight up mention facial hair in my example doesn't mean I wasn't talking about it. Since you are being such a little ***** about it...

Chief peepookaka always has grey hair and no facial hair with brown pants and sometimes a cape.

As to you ignoring what meow said I'll let her put you on ice.

Dallane

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations