Barber/Hairdresser shop in Providence

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Barber/Hairdresser shop in Providence

Postby Onasaki » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:05 pm

Just going to poke on in here, it seems this thread was super derailed, so in an attempt to bring it back to the topic.

What was the actual reason against adding a barber? Personally, as a new player, I don't see a reason not to at least have a barber skill, that players could potentially learn. Allow them access to new kinds of mustache/beard combos that you don't have accessible in the tutorial. And a few new hairstyles. Could be like, wig-items too. It may also open up like, literal barber skills, like brain surgery, or something, not a lot of people realize a barber used to be a in charge of all matters of the skull, face, and hair.

Maybe wig-making, could be a good middle-ground? I mean, it is the 1600s, and we do have a very lack of fancy powder-wigs. That I'm aware of, anyway, I could be completely out of place here. We have lots of fancy hats. Why not fancy wigs?
Onasaki

Postby Dallane » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:14 pm

Onasaki wrote:What was the actual reason against adding a barber?

Maybe you should go back and review the "derail" and see why.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Onasaki » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:19 pm

Ah-ha. Okay.

Welp, then I slip back into my bunker. I'll post a separate idea for wig-making.
Onasaki

Postby Rover » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:39 pm

Dallane wrote:
Rover wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:Why everyone is getting on Dallane's case for doing a better job of explaining what John said than I did is beyond me. It was John who said he wants people to be recognized by their faces, not just .

He did a better job at explaining than john himself, you're joking right? lol he was talking about clothes not hair and facial hair. If he wanted to make it clear he would of repeated what john said himself not his own version of why john doesn't want the barber shop. The reason i called him a **** mod is because he has no right to insult anyone in any way especially a mod who the community generally looks up to for assistance and support, if you support his behavior you're just as bad as he is.

Just because I didn't straight up mention facial hair in my example doesn't mean I wasn't talking about it. Since you are being such a little ***** about it...

Chief peepookaka always has grey hair and no facial hair with brown pants and sometimes a cape.

As to you ignoring what meow said I'll let her put you on ice.

Stfu it's to late now there is no reverse from your mistake you piece of ****, and you did it again. you like insultinging people dont you, does it make you feel big? you're a big man aren't you ***** mongrel.

When you get back tomorrow, please be a little more civil in your posts and PMs. And remember, moderators are also people and are under no more obligation to be nice to anyone than any other poster is. Their only job is to enforce the rules. Being nice to people is my job. ~TotalyMeow
Rover

Postby Dallane » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:04 am

Rover wrote:Stfu it's to late now there is no reverse from your mistake you piece of ****, and you did it again. you like insultinging people dont you, does it make you feel big? you're a big man aren't you ***** mongrel.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Saugglocke » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:17 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
Jennyferi wrote:Barber to the town, to change your appearance (hairstyle, color, facial hair) for some amount of silver.

Never. If you are murdered are transgressed by a player who looks a certain way then you should certainly be allowed to 'remember' how they looked and that player shouldn't have a simple barber to elude that visual cue.

WTF, what kind of argument is that? :o It's literally impossible to recognise someone just from the facial looks. The only thing somehow memorable might be the extremely ugly beard types, but female characters aren't even allowed to have one. How would ANYONE recognise them? Or was that a hint of JC that a graphic oberhaul is up next... :lol:

I don't care if there is a barber in providence, but the argument is just ridiculous. :D
Saugglocke

Postby Dallane » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:01 pm

Saugglocke wrote: It's literally impossible to recognise someone just from the facial looks.

No it's not. If you can't recognize similar characters then you might be on the spectrum.

The point is that this will cause suspicion and paranoia. "hey this looks like the guy who killed me awhile back. I think its time to get some payback". If its true or not is part of the fun. You either delivered justice or killed another innocent who may one day repeat the cycle.

Dallane

Postby Rifmaster » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:30 pm

Dallane wrote:
Saugglocke wrote: "hey this looks like the guy who killed me awhile back. I think its time to get some payback"

People only really think that when someone has the same clothes, nobody pays attention to hair and facial hair, since it's usually covered by a hat and a mask.
Rifmaster

Postby Marue » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:00 pm

It would be nice to change hairstyle. Sooner or later the old one gets old.
Maybe not the color then if you're so worried about recognizing people, but hairstyles sometimes already changes when wearing some hats.
(But the best thing would be if I could change old characters eyes for some better looking ones. :p)
Marue

Postby Dallane » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:43 pm

Rifmaster wrote:
Dallane wrote:
Saugglocke wrote: "hey this looks like the guy who killed me awhile back. I think its time to get some payback"

People only really think that when someone has the same clothes, nobody pays attention to hair and facial hair, since it's usually covered by a hat and a mask.

Not all criminals are like that tho. TO counter your argument since you want to ignore the reason. Why does it matter if it just get covered up anyways.

Dallane

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations