Barber/Hairdresser shop in Providence

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Barber/Hairdresser shop in Providence

Postby Heffernan » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:11 pm

they just already said JC doesnt want to add a barber, it has been suggested like 500 times, no clue why he doesnt want it, could make it expensive and have ot charge 500s.
Heffernan

Postby Rover » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:16 pm

Read my reply, are you a bit dopey? i will repeat it one more time just for your special needs. Read it 5 times then you might get what i have written and that's a maybe.

Can you give him a little nudge to see if hes had a change of heart. This idea is a very good idea as it allows pilgrims to change any mistakes they may have done after the tutorial and had a feel of the games content. I think we should all get at least 1 chance to change your hair, beard and mustache similar to the traveler in providence.
Rover

Postby Dallane » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:33 pm

Heffernan wrote:they just already said JC doesnt want to add a barber, it has been suggested like 500 times, no clue why he doesnt want it, could make it expensive and have ot charge 500s.

He doesn't like the idea because he wants people to remember what character look like and doesn't want to give people the ability to change their appearance. What about memorize you say? Because not every character you have will have the same characters known. Darwoth for example can be picked out of a crowd in this game very quickly.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Heffernan » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:46 pm

Dallane wrote:
Heffernan wrote:they just already said JC doesnt want to add a barber, it has been suggested like 500 times, no clue why he doesnt want it, could make it expensive and have ot charge 500s.

He doesn't like the idea because he wants people to remember what character look like and doesn't want to give people the ability to change their appearance. What about memorize you say? Because not every character you have will have the same characters known. Darwoth for example can be picked out of a crowd in this game very quickly.

tho thats mainly because he has a witch hat and golden halberd as virtual penis enlargement.
Heffernan

Postby Rover » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:04 pm

Like i said if you allow players to change their appearance once ( similar to being allowed to travel to a destination once per character in providence) after the tutorial it would not change what he wants for the game and make allot of players happy with their character.
Rover

Postby Dallane » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:28 pm

Rover wrote:

Like i said if you allow players to change their appearance once ( similar to being allowed to travel to a destination once per character in providence) after the tutorial it would not change what he wants for the game and make allot of players happy with their character.

So you want to save your appearance to be able to change it when someone recognizes your character? It literally changes what he wants for the game. You can reword it as much as you want and you are still talking about the same thing. There aren't that many choices to what your temporary character looks like and how often are you zooming into it to look at instead of slaving away for your town. You make me sick.

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:06 am

I can ask about the hairdresser, but I really doubt he's changed his mind.

As for Heffernan, your argument can be used for your own 'idea'. You've suggested this before and it's been explained to you before both why we took the clothes out of the store and why some of them are not craftable. The noncraftable ones are legacy collectors items, one from each pack. The Plymouth Rock set were never in the store and were always meant to be a one-off so I don't know why they're even in your list.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Champie » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:32 am

Dallane wrote:So you want to save your appearance to be able to change it when someone recognizes your character?

You can do better than this, can't you?

Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but if I don't have someone kinned or memorized, I can never be sure that the character I see is a character I know. I could be wrong, but it is pretty easy to change clothes in Salem. Hair grows, and hair can be cut and shaved. Why does this idea have to be treated as if the OP hates competition and is asking for EZ-mode.

Personally I don't give a **** about the idea, although I suspect I would probably use the option on a few characters if it were available as a one time "Coming of Age" option where you decide that you want your appearance to express your "individual uniqueness of experiences and ideas, man."
Champie

Postby Dallane » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:43 am

Champie wrote:Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but if I don't have someone kinned or memorized, I can never be sure that the character I see is a character I know. I could be wrong, but it is pretty easy to change clothes in Salem.

People typically stick to only a few sets of gear that they will eventually be known for using. During one of the server restarts we knew the tribe characters in the open world because of what they were wearing. The community is very small and people who actively play this game will know who is who.

Dallane

Postby Nsuidara » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:05 am

what a stupid argument
Dallane wrote:
Rover wrote:So you want to save your appearance to be able to change it when someone recognizes your character?

@Dallane, you are sometime ****...

what it is "Kin" or "Memmorize" ?
if you change appearance they still not remove "Kin" or "Memmorize"... or you think "gender change" => remove too "Kins" or "Memmorizes"
then i say... give only "gender change" without remove "Kins" or "Memmorizes"

END STORY BRO :P
it's boring
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations