Combat & KO and Kill

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Combat & KO and Kill

Postby JohnSnow » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:43 pm

jophbot wrote:Or ... and I'll just throw this out there ... don't get KO'd in the first place. There's an idea for you.

Well, crime system means that you can punish the criminal. If you cant do this, it is obvious that something wrong here. Do not say "you can punish the criminal, you can kill this 5 biles murder-alt", because this is absolutely not the same.
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:12 pm

We already limited the amount of time you can be held in combat.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Dallane » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:49 pm

JohnSnow wrote:
Nsuidara wrote:Meybe remove this action:
when enemy KO you, then they can hold on you and wait for alt murder...

so then meybe remove this - mean you can hold on few minutes ? meybe 2-4 minutes ?

It is better allow the use of killing blow just for character who knocked out the victim. Thus the murderer will not have to wait for alt, and the victim has a chance to take revenge on real murderer not 5 biles alt. Or at least make scents of battery summonable also.

A retarded idea within a retarded idea. Inception.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Nsuidara » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:43 pm

I'm not crime :)
and i'm not got KO :P

but i look few games... and what can i say... this game support so much alt in particular for killing... i know... alt need few skills for use skill but yet... not for this..

is for wait many times when come enemy alt and kill you :F
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby gorniksam » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:53 pm

Nsuidara wrote:I'm not crime :)
and i'm not got KO :P

but i look few games... and what can i say... this game support so much alt in particular for killing... i know... alt need few skills for use skill but yet... not for this..

is for wait many times when come enemy alt and kill you :F

Faking crybabies. It's a permadeath game and if you are such a crying coward just do not play it. Argument about "waiting for murder alt" to kill you is so irrevelant and nonsense. Pls someone close it or remove that ****** topic
Sharing with such retarded ideas and crying on forum should be bannable
gorniksam

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:57 pm

Geez, calm down. It's not like every idea put down here gets added to the game. We DO evaluate them first.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby gorniksam » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:07 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:Geez, calm down. It's not like every idea put down here gets added to the game. We DO evaluate them first.

No ****, really?!
I meant that crybabes are so dumb. Playing in permadeath game and crying about "waiting for murder alt is soo stresfull" oh c'mon
gorniksam

Postby Lazun123 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:28 pm

As much as i prefer to side with the harsh punishment of death and pvp, I have to agree with the nonsense hold time. For different reasons though. Also with some modification to the crime system.

Right now i think the crime system makes it to easy to kill crime alts, or make them useless with endless whipping. The way around this is either leave them in game smoking tobacco all day, or make a 10min murder alt. Oh and lets not forget TBC, its almost a guarantee a crime alt is going to die.

Leaving them in game with tabacco is nice for it leaves your toon exposed. But having a alt who has nothing to lose other then 6-7k silver is nonsense. Murder should have way more risk behind it then losing a 7k alt. Especially sense a well developed crime alt is beyond 7k in worth.

Of course, there are other things that need to be fixed, and i think this current strategy is a result of the crime system that needs work. The town stocks are a great and creative idea, only i would change the time in between the sentence, for example instead of being stockaded every 24hrs for a theft scent, have them re-stockaded for half of the time the scent is active. For example, if theft scents are in the world for 7 days, have them only be able to be stockaded 3 1/2 days for THEFT. Sense the crime is minor. Waste 48 timer sense it is a more sever crime and murder ever 24 hours just as i is now, and the time of a scent active in the world for 7 days regardless of type of crime. If it takes you 13 days to log on and find your murder scent, well shame on you. Also have the bail set higher for the crime.

15-20 mins hold seems fair enough to murder somebody you have defeated. With the fixes to the crime system a crime alt should be able to murder w/o the need of a totally separate murder alt. Which ultimately is what im trying to say, there shouldn't be a need to have a toon only for murder.
WWJCD
Lazun123

Postby JohnSnow » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:31 pm

gorniksam wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:Geez, calm down. It's not like every idea put down here gets added to the game. We DO evaluate them first.

No ****, really?!
I meant that crybabes are so dumb. Playing in permadeath game and crying about "waiting for murder alt is soo stresfull" oh c'mon

Use alts is not bad, killing someone without leaving attackers scents is bad. There must be a chance to take revenge on the murderer.
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Postby Nsuidara » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:47 pm

add mechanics issuing reward for criminal head murder(mean) :P
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations