Dynamic dungeons, caves, ruins ...

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Dynamic dungeons, caves, ruins ...

Postby Nsuidara » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:38 pm

Salem have potentially capabilities for that.
Devs proved that, mean event house roulette and crypt in Boston.

Salem have potentially capabilities for made random map for dungeons, ruins, caves ...

more explore!
more horror!
more reward!
more die xD

how can work ? example mechanic from Mabinogi
random types rooms... and many time room have close door.. you must clear room for open lock door :P
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Re: Dynamic dungeons, caves, ruins ...

Postby Dallane » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:59 pm

I think there has been a thread on this before.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby ArgentRhapsody » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:08 am

so you mean like instanced "dungeons" where you can offer a specific item for a specific random seed for the generation of the dungeon?

sounds kind of interesting. could help people to get a little more more combat experience if new enemies with more challenging AIs were made for it. flavor-wise though, I don't know how it would be implemented without being awkward. probably not a good fit for this game.

maybe hall of tears could be turned into something vaguely like that for halloween, fight salem's past fallen residents? :)

skeleton mosh pit in the hall of tears would make for a great halloween event. just throw in some jack-o-lanterns, maybe candy drops from skeletons?
Last edited by ArgentRhapsody on Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ArgentRhapsody

Postby Nsuidara » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:22 am

Dallane wrote:I think there has been a thread on this before.

this is for reminder :F because devs is lazying :P

ArgentRhapsody wrote:so you mean like instanced "dungeons" where you can offer a specific item for a specific random seed for the generation of the dungeon?

sounds kind of interesting. could help people to get a little more more combat experience if new enemies with more challenging AIs were made for it. flavor-wise though, I don't know how it would be implemented without being awkward.

maybe hall of tears could be turned into something like that for halloween, fight salem's past fallen residents? :)

skeleton mosh pit in the hall of tears would make for a great halloween event. just throw in some jack-o-lanterns, maybe candy drops from skeletons?

why not ?

in darkness = monster sure why not
but in normal world, more types coguar (alfa cougar one eye :P)
chef bear :D (more types bear)
can add... wolves, wild boars... or other strange animals
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Dallane » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:23 am

ArgentRhapsody wrote:so you mean like instanced "dungeons" where you can offer a specific item for a specific random seed for the generation of the dungeon?

sounds kind of interesting. could help people to get a little more more combat experience if new enemies with more challenging AIs were made for it. flavor-wise though, I don't know how it would be implemented without being awkward.

maybe hall of tears could be turned into something like that for halloween, fight salem's past fallen residents? :)

I really hope you are joking because making salem a themepark game is by far the worst thing ever.

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby ArgentRhapsody » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:28 am

Dallane wrote:

I really hope you are joking because making salem a themepark game is by far the worst thing ever.
no, I wouldn't think dungeons would be a good idea. but i still think we should do something with all those skeletons for halloween. Hall of tears would be a fun place for a halloween event, maybe with an extra temporary level made for the purpose. :)
Last edited by ArgentRhapsody on Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
ArgentRhapsody

Postby gorniksam » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:29 am

Dallane wrote:

That is happening when carebears are forgot about that Salem is a permadeath game
ArgentRhapsody wrote:halloween event

Would be great if we could has any of event...
gorniksam

Postby Dallane » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:51 am

ArgentRhapsody wrote:no, I wouldn't think dungeons would be a good idea. but i still think we should do something with all those skeletons for halloween. Hall of tears would be a fun place for a halloween event, maybe with an extra temporary level made for the purpose. :)

So you suggested there be instances and turn salem into a themepark then change your mind and only want to do something with skeletons.....

Dallane

Postby ArgentRhapsody » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:55 am

Dallane wrote:
ArgentRhapsody wrote:no, I wouldn't think dungeons would be a good idea. but i still think we should do something with all those skeletons for halloween. Hall of tears would be a fun place for a halloween event, maybe with an extra temporary level made for the purpose. :)

So you suggested there be instances and turn salem into a themepark then change your mind and only want to do something with skeletons.....

no they were just 2 loosely connected thoughts. I thought it would be kind of interesting to see something to do with instancing in salem aside from the tutorial area, but not a good idea for this kind of game, then it sort of blended into halloween event ideas. I'm tired.
ArgentRhapsody

Postby Chrumps » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:29 am

Actually whales are your dungeons. It is already in game.
Chrumps

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations