Not so small Idea- Mod buildings

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Not so small Idea- Mod buildings

Postby DeepSixed » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:43 am

Title bugged on purpose... to get attention- HEY.. it worked for Trump!

Having my forum voice cut was particularly frustrating this week.

The Post on Warehouse; and the progress of the game in general got my thinking.

For Example: wall- we have stick, wood chunks, stone, plane boards, brick... and now metal.

What will be next?

Instead of or because of... new ideas constantly coming out we need the ability to 'improve' or mod existing structures somewhat.

I am not advancing the ability to make a townhouse into a Brick House... rather I'm suggesting we have to the ability to improve it's 'strength value''... that is whatever value it requires to destroy it. Without aactually replacing it with something else.

WE need modification ability of existing structures...

Warehouse suggestion is what set me off. We have all these 'Town's... (many/plural)... why can't we have our own NPC's? and/or our own Banks and Post? Eventually we'll have our own Stables- horses/cows/etc coming someday no?

Point is there are quite a few opportunities coming... and modular buildings could be a good way to go.

For Example:

Simple town bank- a couple stubby tabs: bank made from stone and dry-boards.

Upgrade to Std: Brick and Oiled boards... more tabs and more slots

Upgrade to Enterprise: A **** ton of Blister-steel and wrought iron... but at this point... no key... pass code for access... and many tabs, etc.

Never happen... but constantly introducing new stuff is not a surfeit for success. Eventually we need the ability to upgrade or Mod what we have to improve its overall strength...
DeepSixed

Re: Not so small Idea- Mod buildings

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:07 pm

You don't need to spell badly to get attention. I read all of these things. :/
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Forungi » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:31 am

Why

do you write like this?

It's very

annoying to read something that

is space like this.

Also, your idea is barely even a thought yet. Maybe you should write down all of your ideas on a notepad, and then structure them all into a full post instead of just posting a bunch of random text and expecting anyone on the forum to take you seriously.
Forungi

Postby Zibens » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:40 pm

I would like to see that.

The idea is great, to be able to construct your own "Providence". Maybe you could have travelling merchants arrive there, or something. Towns should have more to them, than just claim.
Zibens

Return to Ideas & Innovations