Repairing walls is too expensive

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Postby SalemUtopia » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:52 pm

I found an abandoned base and I'm trying to fix it, so the walls aren't all damaged.
But it requires completely insane amounts of granite.
I'm using something like 30 pieces of granite on 1 wall. I went through 10 boulders to fix a very small area, which is maybe 5-10% of all the walls I need to fix. I only gain 1 or 2% repairing per piece of granite.

You said that you wanted to remove the tedious out of Salem. Well, this is an overlooked and very tedious thing.
SalemUtopia

Re: Repairing walls is too expensive

Postby Dallane » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:58 pm

SalemUtopia wrote:Well, this is an overlooked and very tedious thing.

No actually its not considering how hard it can be to break those walls.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:03 pm

If you make properly placed stone walls (second weakest ones) with some defenses .. As long as you are active you wont have to fear someone breaking in. Id say its worth it.
My advice to you is to get a cricket and roam for some granite. You do not even have to unmount it to chip stone.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby SalemUtopia » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:27 pm

It's out of proportion that a new wall costs 1 granite and 3 stone, while repairing a broken wall (because I'm taking over an abandoned base) costs like 30 pieces of granite. It ruins the gameplay in a way. As a new settler, who is taking over an abandoned base, I have to live with a damaged base that is broken everywhere, or invest exorbitant amounts of granite and time to fix it. The repair cost is too extreme. I dread having to repair the plank wall. Imagine if it's also 1 dry board for repairing 2% of a plank fence.
Last edited by SalemUtopia on Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
SalemUtopia

Postby Paradoxyc » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:28 pm

At least you can repair them
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby Dallane » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:41 pm

SalemUtopia wrote:It's out of proportion that a new wall costs 1 granite and 3 stone, while repairing a broken wall (because I'm taking over an abandoned base) costs like 30 pieces of granite. It ruins the gameplay in a way. As a new settler, who is taking over an abandoned base, I have to live with a damaged base that is broken everywhere, or invest exorbitant amounts of granite and time to fix it. The repair cost is too extreme. I dread having to repair the plank wall. Imagine if it's also 1 dry board for repairing 2% of a plank fence.

You are complaining about getting a free base that has both stone AND plank walls? Heaven forbid you don't have to farm everything for the walls yourself but only have to repair them.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby SalemUtopia » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:47 pm

Heaven forbid that you actually take my post seriously instead of using it as a pretext to point out how lazy you think I am. I'm just trying to enjoy the game and ran into this issue.
I wouldn't be writing this feedback if it wasn't a problem to me. That's what this board is for. Salem already has a lot of things to do and this is something that really bothers me. Hopefully, the developers are more receptive than you. :(

Besides, you can't really say anything about this because you didn't experience this (needing to find and spend like 60 granite boulders - just to bring the stone hedges to 100% - I think it's too much) , so you're just running your mouth because you want Salem to be hard. Probably for no other reason, but because you're an established player and you're fine with status quo. Well, with such an attitude you're not doing the game a favor and you're just creating an entry barrier for new settlers to better enjoy the game.
Last edited by SalemUtopia on Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SalemUtopia

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:51 pm

Sad.
Then make your OWN BASE.
Get the mats for it and make it.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby SalemUtopia » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:53 pm

Whatever. Jerks.

As, I already said in the reply above, your replies are not constructive.
It's the same old and typical answer from a veteran player, who is fine with the game being unbalanced and hard. He wants it to stay that way because he spent a lot of time in it and doesn't really want anything to be made easier, even if it's better for some players.

I think the developers actually want this kind of feedback. From players that experience this issue and not from players who sit with 100% walls and probably didn't repair more than 3-15 walls because of an occasional raider attack.
SalemUtopia

Postby JohnSnow » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:23 pm

Just count amount of materials required for repairs. If this amount is more than you need for construction of a new fence, break it and build anew.
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations