Npc must buy tobacco

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Npc must buy tobacco

Postby Shadow86 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:28 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:Remove tobacco because you in particular don't need to use it? You do know that tobacco is used to remove madness levels don't you?

Personally I just use a trumpet to avoid ever getting madness levels but the only thing I usually need it for is when I happen to be online during a bloodmoon and get 2 lvls off of it.


Teddys are much cheaper, easier to make and work at 100% efficiency when you sleep. Everyone logs off so sleep and its gone.

Even you admit to not needing the use of tobacco.

And there is other ways to remove maddness, besides the Teddy,trumpet, or tobacco. But I won't go into that here.
Shadow86
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:40 pm

Re: Npc must buy tobacco

Postby eywariorey » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:41 pm

Anyone who has played long enough knows the best use for tobacco
eywariorey
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:14 am

Re: Npc must buy tobacco

Postby matan002 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:09 pm

As long as there are more silver sinks then i would agree tobacco selling to NPC stall would be nice
Lachlaan wrote:The motherbats await a spanking, for the sake of fields.
User avatar
matan002
 
Posts: 930
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:18 pm
Location: Valhalla, Sweden

Re: Npc must buy tobacco

Postby nadde991 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:43 pm

matan002 wrote:As long as there are more silver sinks then i would agree tobacco selling to NPC stall would be nice

Image
matan002 wrote:i'm on the most updated and highest technologically advanced mac, completely superior to the grub you call windows ¦]
User avatar
nadde991
 
Posts: 327
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:19 pm

Re: Npc must buy tobacco

Postby MaxPlanck » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:03 pm

Shadow86 wrote:
MaxPlanck wrote:Remove tobacco because you in particular don't need to use it? You do know that tobacco is used to remove madness levels don't you?

Personally I just use a trumpet to avoid ever getting madness levels but the only thing I usually need it for is when I happen to be online during a bloodmoon and get 2 lvls off of it.


Teddys are much cheaper, easier to make and work at 100% efficiency when you sleep. Everyone logs off so sleep and its gone.

Even you admit to not needing the use of tobacco.

And there is other ways to remove maddness, besides the Teddy,trumpet, or tobacco. But I won't go into that here.


Trumpet doesn't remove madness, I was saying I use it to remove insanity to avoid gaining madness levels. if you are talking about the hookah as the other alternative(which can only be used once a day) but thats once a day and being lazy about madness will net you 4 madness lvls a day of playing.
User avatar
MaxPlanck
Customer
 
Posts: 682
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 3:20 pm

Re: Npc must buy tobacco

Postby AcidSpiral » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:03 am

Shadow86 wrote:
MaxPlanck wrote:Remove tobacco because you in particular don't need to use it? You do know that tobacco is used to remove madness levels don't you?

Personally I just use a trumpet to avoid ever getting madness levels but the only thing I usually need it for is when I happen to be online during a bloodmoon and get 2 lvls off of it.


Teddys are much cheaper, easier to make and work at 100% efficiency when you sleep. Everyone logs off so sleep and its gone.

Even you admit to not needing the use of tobacco.

And there is other ways to remove maddness, besides the Teddy,trumpet, or tobacco. But I won't go into that here.


You also have to consider the people who have crime alts they keep online 24/7 to avoid the stocks. They use tobacco to avoid madness death.
AcidSpiral
Customer
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:32 am

Re: Npc must buy tobacco

Postby Shadow86 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:51 am

as in that is justification for an entire mechanic?
Shadow86
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:40 pm

Re: Npc must buy tobacco

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:11 am

Originally, tobacco was meant to be the only way to reduce Madness. That's the reason it's in the game. Personally, I would like to see removal of the hookah and teddy bears, but there was too much whining when it was tobacco only.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
User avatar
TotalyMeow
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3575
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:14 pm

Re: Npc must buy tobacco

Postby Shadow86 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:31 am

TotalyMeow wrote:Originally, tobacco was meant to be the only way to reduce Madness. That's the reason it's in the game. Personally, I would like to see removal of the hookah and teddy bears, but there was too much whining when it was tobacco only.


Yes I remember, it had a purpose then, now it just is like the step child threw in the corner, except for crime alts. I would prefer a change in mechanic to make tobacco perhaps more desirable for the masses, or eliminate as you say the others


I almost forgot, translation for the masses, since most anyones ideas are shot down except their own.

STFU no idea is good except [input your name here]
Shadow86
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:40 pm

Re: Npc must buy tobacco

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:08 am

TotalyMeow wrote:Originally, tobacco was meant to be the only way to reduce Madness. That's the reason it's in the game. Personally, I would like to see removal of the hookah and teddy bears, but there was too much whining when it was tobacco only.

If you increased the chance of tobaco being effective on lower levels of insanity i could see removing teddy and hookah as a valid option. But, once i went through over 30 puffs on lvl 1 madness just to get rid of it.
And yes, you can get lucky and lose it on a single puff, but you can also have 30 puffs streak where its not effective. So untill thats rebalanced teddy bears and hookah are only valid options for low levels on madness in my opinion.
Dallane wrote:Sorry for the trolling and derailing. I updated the OP with the fix action you found. GJ sir!
ZoddAlmighty
 
Posts: 667
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:45 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest