Bat-A-Rang Suggestions

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Bat-A-Rang Suggestions

Postby MaxPlanck » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:33 pm

1. Make Bat-a-rangs projectile based instead of instant.
2. Make bat-a-rangs return to original thrown position via projectile after a certain distance^^^

3a. If the thrower or player being thrown at is directly facing the bat-a-rang they catch it rather than be stunned.
3b. A combat skill that catches thrown projectiles(gun shots not included...) as long as the skill is casted towards the projectile.

4. Stun duration of bat-a-rang is effected by distance traveled. Aka- getting a bat-a-rang to the face stuns for a much shorter time.
>Short Stun at close range,
>Long Stun at middle range,
>Short Stun at far range

5. Bat-a-rangs have durability so if you catch them and throw them too much they break.

------------------------------

Current bat-a-rangs are easily thrown/rethrown and spammed with little consequence.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Re: Bat-A-Rang Suggestions

Postby Dexibii » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:59 pm

Woah! I have never used a wing-a-rang before but these things seem deadly... Please make this a thing before i die a horrible death ;-;

+1
Dexibii

Postby Lazun123 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:23 am

Dexibii wrote:Woah! I have never used a wing-a-rang before but these things seem deadly... Please make this a thing before i die a horrible death ;-;

+1

Horrible death is inevitable:(
WWJCD
Lazun123

Postby Darwoth » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:36 am

more stupid "great ideas" by non pvp people looking to add needless retard **** to the pvp system. pretty sure they have worked just fine for the past year and a half.
Darwoth

Postby MaxPlanck » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:44 am

Darwoth wrote:more stupid "great ideas" by non pvp people looking to add needless retard **** to the pvp system. pretty sure they have worked just fine for the past year and a half.

Fixed it for you Darwoth.
Assumptions about what I do mean nothing.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:49 am

MaxPlanck wrote:
Darwoth wrote:more stupid "great ideas" by non pvp people looking to add needless retard **** to the pvp system. pretty sure they have worked just fine for the past year and a half.

Fixed it for you Darwoth.

you are a ***** once again looking to add worthless dead weight to the system (which is not even possible from a dev perspective without wasting a month on it) to increase your ability to run away and have no idea what the current things you can do with them are nor why they were originally put in the game.

1> they were originally put in specifically to be spammable to reduce runners which was a major problem for the first several years of the game where you were not present.

2> they are also intended to be used as a crowd control short duration "mez" which all of the stupid **** you suggest would nullify

3> your idiotic suggestions would eliminate their value in water and siege combat.

and if you consider your ***** of carebear clownshoes sitting up in that town crying about blown over fruit trees (that your town personally sucked my ***** to replace for you) and paying grand boss to leave you alone to be a pvp faction ill be happy to dispell that myth for you
Darwoth

Postby MaxPlanck » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:37 am

Darwoth wrote:you are a ***** once again looking to add worthless dead weight to the system (which is not even possible from a dev perspective without wasting a month on it) to increase your ability to run away and have no idea what the current things you can do with them are nor why they were originally put in the game.

1> they were originally put in specifically to be spammable to reduce runners which was a major problem for the first several years of the game where you were not present.

2> they are also intended to be used as a crowd control short duration "mez" which all of the stupid **** you suggest would nullify

3> your idiotic suggestions would eliminate their value in water and siege combat.

and if you consider your ***** of carebear clownshoes sitting up in that town crying about blown over fruit trees (that your town personally sucked my ***** to replace for you) and paying grand boss to leave you alone to be a pvp faction ill be happy to dispell that myth for you

1. So it reduces runners? it also affects close quarters combat.
2. The stun duration is far from a short duration, its the longest stun.
3. No one cares about water combat. And since siege combat where someone runs away negates the meaning of siege combat then I guess it doesn't really matter if they get changed/nerfed. So just use a (pistol)/(mortar+barrel of tar) to slow them down in siege combat, im guessing you are just talking about ranged attacks else we can also include leg sweep in there but thats another story.

As for the comment on the trees and the deal with Grand Boss. The trees being destroyed meant hardly anything to me. They were 0% trees that hadn't been upped in purity yet at all. And the town didn't suck your *****, the mayor did. Not any offense to him but thats his choice as we have many other sources of fruit to get from.

The deal with Grand Boss was before I joined Zodds town and I didn't have **** time to deal with going in a 1v3 with the only character residing in that base. I didn't have bat-a-rangs at the time of that ordeal and they did. Am I suppose to go in 1v3 with no batarangs or blowdarts on a 200 bile character? Doesn't matter how good I think I am at combat, 1 wrong move out of the countless right moves I would have had to have taken to KO the three of them which were likely 500-800 bile fighters with decent combat sets wasn't worth it.

It was simply the logical choice at the time and so what if I gave up some **** goods? It allowed me to move all the "actual goods" that were in the base to a new location. It's not like I gave them everything in my base, too bad they were stupid enough to actually backoff instead of TbF anyway.

If you really think I want to change bat-a-rangs so I can run away better you are mistaken.
Btw, a town doesn't need to be a pvp-oriented faction to have players in it that know how to pvp.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:42 am

i have **** to do, so im not going to bother other than to state that if you think water combat is not extremely important it shows your lack of knowledge about pretty much everything and that your "pvp" experience consists of dock club.

also this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY3nt-IiiXE

edit: oh god, yes i said a short duration mez if you know what that means, i am obviously aware that it is the longest stun which was the intent.
Darwoth

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:54 am

Devs care about water combat. :?

And yes, chase situations can be a very big thing. Not referring to sieges, but to times when a raider is scouting a town and stumbles over the whole town out hunting, or just stumbles over some random dude in the wilderness. A few historic chase fights have been epic, and many have been epically boring, lasting sometimes hours. The epically boring bit is the reason we added things like long range stuns and snares and such, but also pocket watches. The intention being that chase scenes will end fairly quickly and decisively.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby MaxPlanck » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:05 am

TotalyMeow wrote:Devs care about water combat. :?

And yes, chase situations can be a very big thing. Not referring to sieges, but to times when a raider is scouting a town and stumbles over the whole town out hunting, or just stumbles over some random dude in the wilderness. A few historic chase fights have been epic, and many have been epically boring, lasting sometimes hours. The epically boring bit is the reason we added things like long range stuns and snares and such, but also pocket watches. The intention being that chase scenes will end fairly quickly and decisively.

One suggestion that I had made can solve problems for CQC and still keep the same expectancy for chasing in water/land/siege combat ; and that is that stun time is affected by distance between the 2 players, even if it isn't projectile based and still instant-based.
When I made all of these suggestions they were not all intended to be in conjection with each other and some were each their own separate idea.

Darwoth wrote:edit: oh god, yes i said a short duration mez if you know what that means, i am obviously aware that it is the longest stun which was the intent.

So I didn't know what mez stood for before you posted it, that doesn't matter.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations