Bat-A-Rang Suggestions

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Bat-A-Rang Suggestions

Postby Darwoth » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:11 am

your suggestion is stupid. aside from the simple fact it would ***** up several aspects of combat you have not experienced and that i am not going to explain to you the idea of landing a stun at max range where it is more difficult to do so and getting a lesser result is idiotic.
Darwoth

Postby MaxPlanck » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:37 am

Darwoth wrote:your suggestion is stupid. aside from the simple fact it would ***** up several aspects of combat you have not experienced and that i am not going to explain to you the idea of landing a stun at max range where it is more difficult to do so and getting a lesser result is idiotic.

No one said the stun was exponentially scaling with distance traveled.
I said distance traveled should effect stun duration.

That means you could have it stun for the full duration after X tiles onward.

1-3 tiles would be X stun time, 3-5 tiles would be X stun time, and then 5-18 tiles would be full stun time.
Those numbers are just examples so to the point you said of having to stun at max range to get the best out if it isn't necessarily true.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:44 am

and again you fail to accept the fact it is simply not a good idea and that it would detract from a myriad of pvp tactics/scenarios instead of adding anything other than needless bloat.
Darwoth

Postby Dexibii » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:10 pm

if you really want to attack a person instead of just throwing something to stun them with little consequence they use speed buffs like satan salts... I understand the wing-a-rangs are "hard" to get but when you are darworth level its no concern to kill a giant bat. But satan salts, while easy for a good player to obtain, risk the insanity portion. After catching up to the person the stun move that could be used is leap (because they are running away so their backs are turned to you). The idea of being able to spam a ranged weapon that has a long stun range doesn't seem pretty stupid considering how easy it sounds.

Then again a video showing the wing-a-rang at use would be nice
Dexibii

Postby Dallane » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:13 pm

Dexibii wrote:Then again a video showing the wing-a-rang at use would be nice

Stop being lazy and do your research
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Rifmaster » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:14 pm

Dexibii wrote:if you really want to attack a person instead of just throwing something to stun them with little consequence they use speed buffs like satan salts... I understand the wing-a-rangs are "hard" to get but when you are darworth level its no concern to kill a giant bat. But satan salts, while easy for a good player to obtain, risk the insanity portion. After catching up to the person the stun move that could be used is leap (because they are running away so their backs are turned to you). The idea of being able to spam a ranged weapon that has a long stun range doesn't seem pretty stupid considering how easy it sounds.

Then again a video showing the wing-a-rang at use would be nice

It's basically a slingshot that fires faster, with a shorter range and it stuns for a long time.
Rifmaster

Postby Dexibii » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:05 pm

Dallane wrote:
Dexibii wrote:Then again a video showing the wing-a-rang at use would be nice

Stop being lazy and do your research

I'm a college student, Being lazy is my first, middle, and last name unless it considers education as of now. Plus everytime i look up Wing-a-rang on youtube this game is so unpopular, due to the fact you guys don't focus on making the game better for new people, that i get everything BUT salem.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... rang+salem
^No help
http://salemwiki.info/index.php/Wing-A-Rang
^8sec stun, thats all the info given

On google it leads to a forum post about crafting wing-a-rangs. After that because of the crappy name given to this game, I find "Salem" stuff like
https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=chicke ... C+WI+54669

http://order.wingstop.com/menu/wingstop ... m-or-97305

You don't know something in the game unless it was told on the wiki or you have done it yourself. So if you would like to show me a link to a video that would be nice, because my lazy ass is done after a youtube, and google search :D
Dexibii

Postby DarkNacht » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:03 pm

Dexibii wrote:I'm to lazy to figure anything out for myself so my opinion is meaningless.
DarkNacht

Postby Dexibii » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:11 pm

DarkNacht wrote:
Dexibii wrote:I'm to lazy to figure anything out for myself so my opinion is meaningless.

Lol I'm taking the OP's word and Rif's word. If that was combat is like with a wing-a-rang then its more slow and tedious than quick and intense. And those who have argued with the idea are extremely strong in the game and don't realize whats best for those who aren't them.
Dexibii

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:36 pm

Most advanced PvP stuff isn't well documented because it's difficult to learn and takes a lot of practice to get good at, and the interactions of the different mechanics can be important. Therefore, anyone who puts in the time and effort to learn doesn't want to spread it around so much. That's perfectly fine. However, if you then want to suggest changing something like the wingarang, you should at least get one and try it out. Better yet, do some major sparring with it in the mix and see how it does or doesn't change the flow of battle.

I also suggest trying to leap at someone as they run away and find out just why a chase can take hours. Go ahead, do a run-away spar without any of the things we've added in the last couple years and then do one with. I also suggest runner-turns spars in both cases as well, just so you can see how those usually go. I'll give you a hint, chasing someone down can be more dangerous for the chaser in many cases if you don't have the right tools.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations