Fair with temporary stalls

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Fair with temporary stalls

Postby Vorolea » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:23 am

What are you talking about??? Fair is just a synonym for market, since there is already market square in Providence. We can call it bazar, for all I care. I just thought "fair" would be more fitting and hystorical term for a once in a week event, than "bazar". And I write it third time for people with cognition disorder, it's for trading cheap stuff, there is price limit, so it can't be abused for secure trade. Scamming beginners of 50 coins worth some fish or flowers is kind of... cheap. This must be how experienced players have fun, when they get bored.
Vorolea

Postby DarkNacht » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:30 pm

Just like there are noobs trying to buy things there are noobs trying to scam people. You want to eliminate their play style from the beginning of the game, making the beginning of the game **** for them, and making it less likely that they will continue playing.
DarkNacht

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:38 pm

We really like the personal trade system that is in place. For awhile there, we weren't even sure we'd bring back the stalls.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Darwoth » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:28 am

in other news a stall has been vacant all day long and nobody had bought it yet, but yeah stalls are broken! we need the fair square!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Darwoth

Postby Vorolea » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:00 pm

Well, I've no idea why discussion comes down to scamming so much. Scammers sticking for each other, it's good in it's own way, since they might be easier to convince.

Fellow scammers, as you know, there isn't much room for scamming in the game as it is now. Stalls are scammer-proof :cry: And trading on forum is way too dependent on seller reputation, not to mention that only very few players use forum, and those are not beginners. There are only around 60 updated posts per month, with a player count 1600 per month. Well, you see the problem, less then 3.75% of playerbase use forum to sell, and most of them pretend to have "trader reputation" and require silver to be put in a barrel upfront. Definetly not much space for scamming. All profecional scammers know - scamming loves twilight, environment not 100% secure, like stalls, and not 100% unsafe, since in such situation there is no trade happening, therefore no scamming.

That's why I thought of a solution to create such a twilight environment, in a form of bazaar that would take place once in a week. And I suggest calling it a "fair", I understand very well a strong disliking to association it calls, but it actually works in our favor. Main idea is to gather people willing to spend money at same time in the same place, that's why it only happens once per week. And here's the catch, there is low limit for what you can charge per item in bazaar stalls, 100-200s, depending on type of a stall. And there are some item categories, that are locked from trading, like all those tasty inspirationals, clothing and possibly something else. Players and money at same time same place, and some room for trading, now it all comes to your creativity. Scam to your heart's content and support my idea.
Vorolea

Postby Dallane » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:43 pm

Vorolea wrote: Scam to your heart's content and support my idea.

no
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Reviresco » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:53 pm

You might consider clearing out level 1 of your mine.

You get useful storage space, and all of the goods you acquire on level 1 (glass, gold, and silver) can be sold without a stall.

You'll get a stall long before you even get close to finishing. Just park an alt there. Give it some food/tea and a shovel and it can burn off inspiration using sand. It will eventually become a great tree planter because of its high Natural Philosophy.

Unless, of course, you hate mining.
Last edited by Reviresco on Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reviresco

Postby DarkNacht » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:55 pm

Vorolea wrote:---

You're right stalls should be abolished, you finally presented a good idea.
DarkNacht

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations