Warehouses

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Warehouses

Postby rustles » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:00 am

We all know what a pain in the ass it is to store large amounts of items. You would have to spam sheds to do it, and that doesn't look so pretty. So I suggest a building that acts like a giant storage container.

You right click the building and it opens up a big inventory, like the piggy bank. It could also have a door you could enter so it acts like an actual building you can enter as well.

What do you think?
rustles

Re: Warehouses

Postby Dallane » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:05 am

Sounds boring.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby gorniksam » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:07 am

Why just do not use a stock bins or alts for storage your stuff?
gorniksam

Postby Dexibii » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:18 am

gorniksam wrote:Why just do not use a stock bins or alts for storage your stuff?

Not all of of can easily make alts with decent inventory size ;-; ... Some people are happy their main character nearly reached 100 biles...

But yeah Warehouses seem like it would be too simple and easy. If you want something like a warehouse i think wind mills would work. I never made one but i heard they have 3 stories of space :D
Dexibii

Postby gorniksam » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:31 am

Dexibii wrote:
gorniksam wrote:Why just do not use a stock bins or alts for storage your stuff?

Not all of of can easily make alts with decent inventory size ;-; ... Some people are happy their main character nearly reached 100 biles...

But yeah Warehouses seem like it would be too simple and easy. If you want something like a warehouse i think wind mills would work. I never made one but i heard they have 3 stories of space :D

Ah, right. I forgot in the most noobs are playing in that game.
And yes, windmill have a 3 floors, but it's just a small rooms and it is not worth of building it for storage stuff inside of it so
gorniksam

Postby Taipion » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:57 am

As you can see on the piggy bank, big inventorys of containers tend to get messy.

Yet I'd say Sheds are meh for what they do, there actually should be something with a little (!) more space and space efficiency, like having 1.5 to 2 times the storage of a shed for a reasonably higher price at the same footprint.

There is the approach that certain features should make the storage of certain items easier, where it is reasonable to do so, like storing tons of rubble in stockbins, or for a much higher cost/storage also other stuff in sacks...
The thing is that not all items should be easily stored in big quantities, yet there are still some that should be added to either stockbins or sacks (= getting their own sack or being added to an existing one).

...I am drifting away, sorry! :-)
The point is, a big single storage building sounds nice at first, but is not, for several reasons.
And simply adding all items categorys to either sacks or stockbins is no solution either.
Instead, having a better kind of shed would already be a pretty nice thing.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby rustles » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:08 am

Okay you guys, what about a warehouse with several built in shelves that have decent storage space?
rustles

Postby Dallane » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:27 am

rustles wrote:Okay you guys, what about a warehouse with several built in shelves that have decent storage space?

How about you form a full and detailed idea that no one needs to post and improve upon it. Your last post is a great idea but a small detail in a large feature of the game.

When I initially read the post I thought that having a building like a barn would be nice that you go into it and will have different sections you can store things into that won't blow up your screen. But at that point why build it at all if multiple sheds will give more storage? Having a good looking building means absolute **** if something better is available. As I said a full thought out idea goes a very long way.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby MaxPlanck » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:41 pm

You are clearly building your sheds the wrong way if you think they look ugly.

Now is this thread actually about sheds looking ugly or is it whining about storage capabilities/capacity?

rustles wrote:We all know what a pain in the ass it is to store large amounts of items.?

No, I don't think it is a pain in the ass to store large amounts of items. Even before I started making sheds where I still used to make wooden boxes I still didn't think storage was a pain in the ass.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby TreamLV » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:04 pm

I think it would be great to have an big barn, where you can put only containers, such as stockpiles in them.
TreamLV

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations