Warehouses

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Warehouses

Postby Vorolea » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:13 pm

TreamLV wrote:I think it would be great to have an big barn, where you can put only containers, such as stockpiles in them.

cellar
Vorolea

Postby Dexibii » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:27 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:You are clearly building your sheds the wrong way if you think they look ugly.

Now is this thread actually about sheds looking ugly or is it whining about storage capabilities/capacity?

rustles wrote:We all know what a pain in the ass it is to store large amounts of items.?

No, I don't think it is a pain in the ass to store large amounts of items. Even before I started making sheds where I still used to make wooden boxes I still didn't think storage was a pain in the ass.

I think storage is "unrealistic" but not a pain in the ass, besides the way to fix it is too difficult. The game went from 16 slots to weight determining how much you can carry. This was a HUGE changed that brought me into a larger interest because holding 16 caterpillars shouldn't be like holding 16 planks. If you apply that same logic to the storage system today you will see that a wooden box should be able to hold more than 15 autumn grass if it can hold 15 boards. However I'm sure, not positive, but sure that adding a form of volume to EVERY item to the game is much much too difficult. -cough- wurmonline did it -cough-
Dexibii

Postby MaxPlanck » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:51 pm

Dexibii wrote:
MaxPlanck wrote:You are clearly building your sheds the wrong way if you think they look ugly.

Now is this thread actually about sheds looking ugly or is it whining about storage capabilities/capacity?

rustles wrote:We all know what a pain in the ass it is to store large amounts of items.?

No, I don't think it is a pain in the ass to store large amounts of items. Even before I started making sheds where I still used to make wooden boxes I still didn't think storage was a pain in the ass.

I think storage is "unrealistic" but not a pain in the ass, besides the way to fix it is too difficult. The game went from 16 slots to weight determining how much you can carry. This was a HUGE changed that brought me into a larger interest because holding 16 caterpillars shouldn't be like holding 16 planks. If you apply that same logic to the storage system today you will see that a wooden box should be able to hold more than 15 autumn grass if it can hold 15 boards. However I'm sure, not positive, but sure that adding a form of volume to EVERY item to the game is much much too difficult. -cough- wurmonline did it -cough-

Do you think each type of storage should be weight based aswell?
That doesn't seem like a bad idea itself in general compared to the current idea for warehouses.

A combination of both weight and inventory limit is a sound idea.
FOR EXAMPLE: A shed that could hold 60 kg for example wouldn't allow the player to actually store 60 kg worth of grass because that would be an insane amount of space conferred into one small spot of 1x2 tiles. The shed space can be upped to say; 150-200 slots while in actuality you can't fill up all 150-200 spots with heavy items.

It's much simpler to consider it that way rather than a volume-based system.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Dexibii » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:18 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:
Do you think each type of storage should be weight based aswell?
That doesn't seem like a bad idea itself in general compared to the current idea for warehouses.

A combination of both weight and inventory limit is a sound idea.
FOR EXAMPLE: A shed that could hold 60 kg for example wouldn't allow the player to actually store 60 kg worth of grass because that would be an insane amount of space conferred into one small spot of 1x2 tiles. The shed space can be upped to say; 150-200 slots while in actuality you can't fill up all 150-200 spots with heavy items.

It's much simpler to consider it that way rather than a volume-based system.

That would be cool, I'm not sure if there are any items that are just very dense and would mess up the system. Metal bars don't look like they would take up much space but in a container based on kg it might.
Dexibii

Postby rustles » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:42 am

Umm I think you guys are all missing the point completely.....

The building its self is the container. The main function isn't to put boxes in it... The inside is really just for fun.

Whats wrong with adding new buildings to the game? Suggesting a new building isn't "whining" :roll: .
rustles

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:48 am

I've never much liked how the piggy bank works, myself. I think I prefer the cellar idea to this one.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby chelini » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:40 am

rustles wrote:Umm I think you guys are all missing the point completely.....

The building its self is the container. The main function isn't to put boxes in it... The inside is really just for fun.

Whats wrong with adding new buildings to the game? Suggesting a new building isn't "whining" :roll: .

+1
Darwoth wrote:i like justice too, however, i do not like jackhole or male hookers.
chelini
Customer

Postby Dallane » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:17 pm

rustles wrote:Umm I think you guys are all missing the point completely.....

Because its a decent idea with **** execution and no meat. Everything presented here as a cellar or warehouse with different sections is cool and fun. Some lame ass building with magical storage is retarded. I dunno why you can't accept criticism esp when you ask for input.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby JohnSnow » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:40 am

Not sure about new building, but storing a large amount of items is real problem. It would be nice to have stockbins for all basic items, in particular for food products: meat, shellfish, vegetables, mushrooms, fruits etc.
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Postby jophbot » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:41 am

I think some folks need to learn to manage their inventory better. Maybe learn to use stuff to get > 100 biles rather than stockpile stuff and then cry when someone who has learnt to use their stuff rather than hoard it comes along and takes their mismanaged hoard from them.
jophbot

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations