Explorer rankings

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Explorer rankings

Postby lachlaan » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:32 pm

Let it be clear that my main intention with this suggestion was never the rewards. The rewards can be symbolic, for all i care they can give us a paper page that reads "GG you walked a lot, what do you want a medal? Sheesh, kids these days". The whole reason behind weekly recognition of some form is to make people see that the world is in fact still going strong in its own .. cozy population numbers sort of way. It's quite easy to join salem and not realize just how big the provi map is, and like that one newbie the other day, ask yourself "so where do i meet actual people? is the game dead?". And while people can look at the fancy server status and try to believe some abstract numbers, if they do see a top 10 of last week saying that one dude did such and such chore and people kept toppling one another week after week, they might go "well damn, those guys are still playing and that leaderboard looks like a fun thing to get on!". If nothing else it shows that you're not alone and there's stuff to do. As for what does and doesn't warrant a leaderboard, that's up to the devs, i merely threw out a suggestion of something that might be fun. If it happens it happens, and if it doesn't it doesn't. Just keep in mind the concept of Salem also caters to explorer types, not just people that enjoy the chore aspect of the game.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations