Hunting artifacts

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Hunting artifacts

Postby JohnSnow » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:03 am

Since this idea is not "small", I create this thread.
At this moment, hunting in game simply dull. Found animal, hit animal with sword, butcher it and gone further. Maybe is worth making it more difficult and more interesting?
When we say "hunter", we imagine a man with rifle. But in Salem meet the hunter with a rifle just impossible. Everyone simple cut bears and deers with saber, that is absolutely impossible in reality. The idea is to add one more set of civil artifacts, hunting artifacts. These artifacts would increase damage dealt by ranged weapon against animals and kill them with a single shot if you have a sufficient value. Maybe something else, such as an increase amount of meat obtained from the carcass. This will more divide PvE and PvP, because a good warrior is not always a good hunter and usually a simple civilian goes to hunt, not a warrior in full armor. You can did not even add new items to the game, there is a group of artifacts that no one collect in sets, this is feral defense. Just rename it and add new features.
If anyone has objections or suggestions how else can develop this idea, please write.

All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Re: Hunting artifacts

Postby Dallane » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:05 am

JohnSnow wrote:If anyone has objections or suggestions how else can develop this idea, please write.

Make it less OP and game breaking.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby JohnSnow » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:19 am

Dallane wrote:Make it less OP and game breaking.

How this can be OP and game breaking? I did not mean "make set and kill darkenbear with one shot". But to kill simple bear by one shot if you have good set. Why not? I can kill a bear with one blow without any hunting artifacts.
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Postby Dallane » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:38 am

JohnSnow wrote:
Dallane wrote:Make it less OP and game breaking.

How this can be OP and game breaking? I did not mean "make set and kill darkenbear with one shot". But to kill simple bear by one shot if you have good set. Why not? I can kill a bear with one blow without any hunting artifacts.

sigh
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Rifmaster » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:09 am

I think this is actually pretty good.
Hunting sets and pvp sets should be a thing, not just 1 set for all fighting.
Rifmaster

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:45 am

With enough black bileand some common combat power you can already 1shot bears and deers easy.
Obviously, the more CCP you have lower your BB can be and vice versa.
Plus, i think it would kinda ***** up the pvp if it worked on people because of how the guns work. They deal % dmg, so you are bound the get 3shotted if you do not have any CCD on your gear.
Hunting artifacts are fine, but you have to tone it down a notch.
Personally, the only thing i would change in hunting atm is how H&H works.
Its a useless stat after you learn all the skills. It should be given some bonuses..
I have something on my mind, ill think it tru and suggest it maybe one day.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Taipion » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:38 pm

ZoddAlmighty wrote:With enough black bileand some common combat power you can already 1shot bears and deers easy.
Obviously, the more CCP you have lower your BB can be and vice versa.
Plus, i think it would kinda ***** up the pvp if it worked on people because of how the guns work. They deal % dmg, so you are bound the get 3shotted if you do not have any CCD on your gear.
Hunting artifacts are fine, but you have to tone it down a notch.
Personally, the only thing i would change in hunting atm is how H&H works.
Its a useless stat after you learn all the skills. It should be given some bonuses..
I have something on my mind, ill think it tru and suggest it maybe one day.

The OPs idea is kind of unnecessary.
And needing yet another set is actually a bad idea, next thing we need a set for making timber piles, for chopping trees, for fishing, for baking, for cooking, for fieldworking, ...

But for what you said, yes, HnH should do something, like:
- reduce wear on knifes
- increase chance of rare drops
- slighty increase dmg against animals or reduce dmg taken against animals
- give a small bonus to % of items from animals as bonus roll similar to HnS and SnC
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby gorniksam » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:55 pm

JohnSnow wrote:Since this idea is not "small", I create this thread.
At this moment, hunting in game simply dull. Found animal, hit animal with sword, butcher it and gone further. Maybe is worth making it more difficult and more interesting?

Yes, hunting is pretty "boring" now. That's why animals and monsters should have around 2-3x more hp and raise theirs dmg. Cos for now is easy to kill every of it with 300bilies char.

JohnSnow wrote:When we say "hunter", we imagine a man with rifle. But in Salem meet the hunter with a rifle just impossible. Everyone simple cut bears and deers with saber, that is absolutely impossible in reality. The idea is to add one more set of civil artifacts, hunting artifacts. These artifacts would increase damage dealt by ranged weapon against animals and kill them with a single shot if you have a sufficient value. Maybe something else, such as an increase amount of meat obtained from the carcass.

Not really, there is still many of players which use a riffle in the fight, mostly with monsters but still.
Maybe just change % dmg of riffles, muskets and pistols for a dmg operating on the same principle as "piercing power-thrust by sabre"? :roll:
And create a new artifacts which will raise your "shoot power"

JohnSnow wrote:This will more divide PvE and PvP, because a good warrior is not always a good hunter

The same in the second page, Im the perfect example of it

Taipion wrote:But for what you said, yes, HnH should do something, like:
- reduce wear on knifes
- increase chance of rare drops
- slighty increase dmg against animals or reduce dmg taken against animals
- give a small bonus to % of items from animals as bonus roll similar to HnS and SnC

HnH should moslty raise chance to get rare drop while butchering dead animals/monsters.

Taipion wrote:- slighty increase dmg against animals or reduce dmg taken against animals

Im not sure about it, cos that should depents from a artifacts slotted in the set
gorniksam

Postby AngelOfSilence » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:12 pm

good idea +1
Salem Wiki
Marketplace APP
BEST SHOOP IN THE GAME BUY ALL
Heffernan wrote: just sucks i forgot to raise yellow bile and cant loot anything hahaha sucks to be me..
AngelOfSilence

Postby Dexibii » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:55 am

JohnSnow wrote:When we say "hunter", we imagine a man with rifle. But in Salem meet the hunter with a rifle just impossible. Everyone simple cut bears and deers with saber, that is absolutely impossible in reality.

As much as i like this idea... I feel so uncommon and unique :D last month i was so pathetic i used guns to kill deer. Then i learned about hugging them... Honestly though in that case its just a "faulty" AI system and move set for deer making them extremely easy. In terms of bears though it still takes me 3 lives to kill one. 1-2 if i team it with my girlfriend. I think this only concerns high leveled players that have become too strong to fear the animals such as deer and bears and need to head onto the darkness.
Dexibii

Return to Ideas & Innovations