Something about Clients

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Something about Clients

Postby DeepSixed » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:07 pm

New idea ~ better way to sell mass goods.

Bulk items: create item and opportunity to sell back 'bundles' (multiples of 10) that 'could' weigh less than actual but be worth the same as sold individually at NPC vendor

Primarily for cloth, but could also be arrow head, feathers, etc.

Making 3-5 trips at max capacity to sell back yellow cloth... vs 1 trip and done...and I could spend more time on the game-play itself...

Just a small idea

Current stratagem hinges on a 3rd party product Salem will not 'officially' recognize (Meow/Dallane) logically for the Core game to fill in the gap already...

Please!~
DeepSixed

Re: Small Ideas Thread

Postby Dallane » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:29 pm

DeepSixed wrote:
Current stratagem hinges on a 3rd party product Salem will not 'officially' recognize (Meow/Dallane) logically for the Core game to fill in the gap already...

Wtf are you talking about?
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Taipion » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:12 pm

Dallane wrote:
DeepSixed wrote:

I think he means Latikais auto-seller addon, and is talking about selling to npc stalls in bulk, but that's just a guess...
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby DeepSixed » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:17 pm

Taipion wrote:
Dallane wrote:
DeepSixed wrote:

I think he means Latikais auto-seller addon, and is talking about selling to npc stalls in bulk, but that's just a guess...

Yes- Mod posted me a message I will not post unless forced that Salem has not recognized any 3rd party client (regardless of the fact such client has a primary thread in forums for years... indicating tacit approval).

So saying- if Motal Moments officially haven't accepted any 3rd party mods- then Devs themselves should create the change I'm suggesting (no doubt 3rd party folks will fall in line after the fact).

Regardless it's JC that need to step up here in this situation... if he can be bothered too.
DeepSixed

Postby Dallane » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:41 am

DeepSixed wrote:
Yes- Mod posted me a message I will not post unless forced that Salem has not recognized any 3rd party client (regardless of the fact such client has a primary thread in forums for years... indicating tacit approval).

So saying- if Motal Moments officially haven't accepted any 3rd party mods- then Devs themselves should create the change I'm suggesting (no doubt 3rd party folks will fall in line after the fact).

Regardless it's JC that need to step up here in this situation... if he can be bothered too.

Correct salem hasn't offically "backed" a 3rd party client BUT it is allowed to use them at your own peril. I assume you are suggesting that they ban 3rd party client since you sent me numerous PMs saying that all clients are hacked. You know you can't stop people from using or making custom clients right?
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby DeepSixed » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:05 am

Hmm... Duh-

I'm not asking for Ban; I'm asking for a game improvement.

And not something a 3rd party client should attempt in the first place.

I am suggesting that once it's done; others might follow.

I thought I was supposed to be the reactionary; Please read all the posts (related to this) and stop assuming the worst!
DeepSixed

Re: Something about Clients

Postby TotalyMeow » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:46 am

Moved to it's own idea. If you've proposed something that takes more than one post to get across, it's not a small idea.

The issue of the custom clients having more features than the official client has been addressed several times, but I'm happy to do it again. We, two years ago, decided that improving the main client would be a low priority for us because with the availability of other options for your client needs, we'd rather spend the money we get from you guys, and the time we have, on developing new content for the game, fixing bugs, rebalancing, all that stuff you seem to love so much.

Some day we will add some of those nice features that Kandarim's and Ender's clients have, in fact we did add several of our favorite features almost a year ago when we had a little extra money to pay one of the other devs to put some extra time in for the purpose.

Why don't we just buy Kandarim's client off him and call it good? Well, two reasons. First, there are some things in his client (gob paths come to mind) that we just don't want to be a thing, and they'd all have to be removed. Second, I'm told that there are some things in the code that would have to be streamlined that would actually take a lot more work than we want to put the time and money in to. So, we stick to upgrading the client we already have.

You're certainly free to suggest that some feature of a custom client be added to the official one, but please be calm about it. Explain this feature you want added, and why, with no crazy screaming fonts. I can then put it on the list of possible additions for next time we update the client.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Return to Ideas & Innovations