Masks

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Masks

Postby Rifmaster » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:38 pm

I personally hate wearing the ***** plague mask, but I hate getting sick even more. So I propose a solution.
Atm the masks that I know of that actually do something are the miasma mask, plague mask, exe mask, robin mask, cthulu mask. (that i know/can remember)
Now, why would anyone wear any other mask if they have the opportunity to wear one of these? (bar the cthulu one since it increases insanity)
The solution to this would be to make masks like the blacksmith goggles make using the trip hammer 25% quicker, the John Barleycorn mask should increase plenty by 1.25x when you initially plant the field, the Wicker man should scare crows away from a farther distance, some masks should increase inspiration gain and so on.

Leave your thoughts below.
Please don't hurt my feelings I get suicidal ;-;
Rifmaster

Re: Masks

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:46 pm

Or you could just drink berry juice.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby saltmummy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:36 pm

Rifmaster wrote:Now, why would anyone wear any other mask if they have the opportunity to wear one of these?

Probably because the robin mask is one of a kind, the exe mask requires killing powerful players, the cthulhu mask (as you said) increases insanity, not everyone can afford a miasma mask, and I don't like the plague doctors mask.
ZoddAlmighty wrote:Or you could just drink berry juice.

What Zodd said. You're idea is good though. I believe all masks have a very poor thermal value too. Would be nice to get something like a scarf you could wrap around your face.

All the craftable masks are also inspirationals as well, and the harder to get ones are worn as status symbols.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:23 pm

Dont get me wrong, im not taking a dump on your idea.
My whole point is to use berry juice if you really hate the mask.
ZoddAlmighty

Return to Ideas & Innovations