Pick All Nearby Option

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Pick All Nearby Option

Postby Dallane » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:12 pm

Rifmaster wrote:Um, they're saying 1/2 of a tile or 1/3 of a tile, just to be able to get things stuck underneath objects, you are purposefully acting dumb to make this good idea look bad.

I'm saying that it might not be possible or might be too much programing to have something like this. I never said it was a bad idea. it has been discussed before on here and has been answered as well. Stop being a *******.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Rifmaster » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:18 pm

Dallane wrote:
Rifmaster wrote:Um, they're saying 1/2 of a tile or 1/3 of a tile, just to be able to get things stuck underneath objects, you are purposefully acting dumb to make this good idea look bad.

I'm saying that it might not be possible or might be too much programing to have something like this. I never said it was a bad idea. it has been discussed before on here and has been answered as well. Stop being a *******.

You said "So people can pick stuff up through walls?"
Now how does saying that ^ that mean that it might not be possible or might be too much programming to have something like this?
Stop being dumb.
Rifmaster

Postby Taipion » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:22 pm

Dallane wrote:I never said it was a bad idea.
Yea, right, you just said:
Dallane wrote:So people can pick stuff up through walls?
Which is not even applicable here, so please:
Dallane wrote:Stop being a *******.
thank you!
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Dallane » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:35 pm

Taipion wrote:
thank you!

Just because you have a bad idea again doesn't mean I think this general idea is bad. There would more than likely be quite a bit of work to get this stable.

Instead of making unrealistic ideas why don't you guys suggest that JC rework how items drop? However that might also be quite a bit of work going into the area of not worth the time it would take to invest.

There is a reason why this has been like this in game for 4+ years now.

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Taipion » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:55 pm

Dallane wrote:
Taipion wrote:
thank you!

Just because you have a bad idea again doesn't mean I think this general idea is bad. There would more than likely be quite a bit of work to get this stable.

Instead of making unrealistic ideas why don't you guys suggest that JC rework how items drop? However that might also be quite a bit of work going into the area of not worth the time it would take to invest.

There is a reason why this has been like this in game for 4+ years now.

Ignoring your usual trolling and just taking the leyman question regarding the coding:

What do you think is more complicated?
Implementing a check for every time an item drops or spawns to take into account all relevant (define relevant first!) objects and then calculating a valid (closest possible, not obstructed) point to drop an item?

Or change a check of the position of a dropped item in regards to the picking-up character from being equal (==) to a simple formula that any 4th grader learns in math, and that IS actually ALREADY implemented ingame and working!
Whoa! Ingame I say?! ...but ...but... how and where?!?
=> Ever used a stall? Isn't there the exact type of range check that we (well, everyone but you) are talking about here?

So thank you for bringing this up and proving that the mechanic is already implemented and would just need to be adapted to dropped items and pick-ables.

Thank you! :lol:
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Dallane » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:01 pm

Taipion wrote:Ignoring your usual trolling and just taking the leyman question regarding the coding:

What do you think is more complicated?
Implementing a check for every time an item drops or spawns to take into account all relevant (define relevant first!) objects and then calculating a valid (closest possible, not obstructed) point to drop an item?

Or change a check of the position of a dropped item in regards to the picking-up character from being equal (==) to a simple formula that any 4th grader learns in math, and that IS actually ALREADY implemented ingame and working!
Whoa! Ingame I say?! ...but ...but... how and where?!?
=> Ever used a stall? Isn't there the exact type of range check that we (well, everyone but you) are talking about here?

So thank you for bringing this up and proving that the mechanic is already implemented and would just need to be adapted to dropped items and pick-ables.

Thank you! :lol:

I understand that you are legally retarded but in the 4+ years of development do you not think that at some point loftar or JC has looked into this?

Dallane

Postby Taipion » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:24 pm

Dallane wrote:I understand that you are legally retarded but in the 4+ years of development do you not think that at some point loftar or JC has looked into this?

Your quick insults prove a weak character, you should try to grow up a little, maybe you are a really nice person under all that undirected frustration...

To the topic:
I do NOT assume that they and/or JC have not thought of that at some point.
I'd dare to say they did, and would have been easily able to change this!
...yet did not as it would make the game easier, which is ofc true, just that hardwired thinking is not good at this point.
There are things that need to be not-easy and challenging,
this is not one of them.
Taipion

Postby Dexibii » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:28 pm

I just wanted to pick up my tea...
Dexibii

Postby Taipion » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:30 pm

Dexibii wrote:I just wanted to pick up my tea...

It's not your fault! :lol:
Taipion

Postby Dallane » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:32 pm

Taipion wrote:
Dallane wrote:I understand that you are legally retarded but in the 4+ years of development do you not think that at some point loftar or JC has looked into this?

Your quick insults prove a weak character, you should try to grow up a little, maybe you are a really nice person under all that undirected frustration...

To the topic:
I do NOT assume that they and/or JC have not thought of that at some point.
I'd dare to say they did, and would have been easily able to change this!
...yet did not as it would make the game easier, which is ofc true, just that hardwired thinking is not good at this point.
There are things that need to be not-easy and challenging,
this is not one of them.

So you admit you have no real knowledge of programming. Thank you.

The bug has been reported since 2012-07-16 22:29. It has touched 2 different dev teams. There is tons of proof that there isn't a simple fix. They aren't doing it because they want the game hard. JC has fixed a ridiculous amount of mechanics to make things easier for "people" like you. You stating that he doesn't want to fix this because it would make things better for people is just beyond retarded. It more than likely hasn't been fixed because of the time invested for this would be better used improving the game in much broader ways such of bug fixes and real content. "nice things" like this have to take a backseat with how little time JC has to dev.

Dallane

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations