Pick All Nearby Option

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Pick All Nearby Option

Postby Taipion » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:33 pm

Dallane wrote:So you admit you have no real knowledge of programming. Thank you.

The bug has been reported since 2012-07-16 22:29. It has touched 2 different dev teams. There is tons of proof that there isn't a simple fix. They aren't doing it because they want the game hard. JC has fixed a ridiculous amount of mechanics to make things easier for "people" like you. You stating that he doesn't want to fix this because it would make things better for people is just beyond retarded. It more than likely hasn't been fixed because of the time invested for this would be better used improving the game in much broader ways such of bug fixes and real content. "nice things" like this have to take a backseat with how little time JC has to dev.

Skipping all those insults and obviously wrong, proofless imputations would make you much more credible...

To the topic:
Yes, it is totally wrong to assume it has not been fixed because it would make things easier, just like a sifting mechanic that originally enforces people to click every 1 or 2 seconds for hours.

I guess we two are done talking here.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Dallane » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:58 am

Taipion wrote:
Dallane wrote:So you admit you have no real knowledge of programming. Thank you.

The bug has been reported since 2012-07-16 22:29. It has touched 2 different dev teams. There is tons of proof that there isn't a simple fix. They aren't doing it because they want the game hard. JC has fixed a ridiculous amount of mechanics to make things easier for "people" like you. You stating that he doesn't want to fix this because it would make things better for people is just beyond retarded. It more than likely hasn't been fixed because of the time invested for this would be better used improving the game in much broader ways such of bug fixes and real content. "nice things" like this have to take a backseat with how little time JC has to dev.

Skipping all those insults and obviously wrong, proofless imputations would make you much more credible...

To the topic:
Yes, it is totally wrong to assume it has not been fixed because it would make things easier, just like a sifting mechanic that originally enforces people to click every 1 or 2 seconds for hours.

I guess we two are done talking here.

It's not imputation at all when it has been said from multiple sources.

Thank you for admitting you were wrong. Thats the first step.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Taipion » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:15 am

Dallane wrote:It's not imputation at all when it has been said from multiple sources.

There is only one "source": your team, I know math is hard at times but that's just underwhelming of you.
And ofc there is no proof of anything you write, as usual.

And actually, the only thing happening here is you trolling begging for people to reply to your completely pointles posts.
Even after I say we two are done here, you have to beg for more...

Yes, I admit I am guilty of feeding you again, maybe I have a slight hope that you spill out something useful, constructive or creative, as you and your team should have quite some experience, but well, whishful thinking as usual.
It's getting kid of boring actually, you know, you may be the biggest troll on this forum, but sure not the best ... maybe you can do better?
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Dallane » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:21 am

Taipion wrote:
Dallane wrote:It's not imputation at all when it has been said from multiple sources.

There is only one "source": your team, I know math is hard at times but that's just underwhelming of you.
And ofc there is no proof of anything you write, as usual.

And actually, the only thing happening here is you trolling begging for people to reply to your completely pointles posts.
Even after I say we two are done here, you have to beg for more...

Yes, I admit I am guilty of feeding you again, maybe I have a slight hope that you spill out something useful, constructive or creative, as you and your team should have quite some experience, but well, whishful thinking as usual.
It's getting kid of boring actually, you know, you may be the biggest troll on this forum, but sure not the best ... maybe you can do better?

Not sure what you mean by my team but the devs of this game have said on multiple occasions that their time is valuable and spent on actual improvements to the game. If you honestly think that their time isn't a valuable commodity then you are foolish.

I really don't care if you or anyone else replies to me or not. I haven't been trolling at al in this thread. You however need to grow a sack and put on your big boy pants. It's truely sad when a grown man gets mad about someone disagreeing with them on the internet.

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby TotalyMeow » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:43 am

There's nothing to 'fix'. Items are programmed to drop the way they do.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Dallane » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:46 am

TotalyMeow wrote:There's nothing to 'fix'. Items are programmed to drop the way they do.

Well thats solves that lol. Seems we were both wrong.

Dallane

Postby Dexibii » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:55 am

TotalyMeow wrote:There's nothing to 'fix'. Items are programmed to drop the way they do.

Items are meant to be out of reach when collapsing near a structure? You can't even make it so your body is a container for 10-20 minutes? (One that expands based on number of items in your inventory)
Dexibii

Postby Dallane » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:57 am

Dexibii wrote:

Items are meant to be out of reach when collapsing near a structure? You can't even make it so your body is a container for 10-20 minutes? (One that expands based on number of items in your inventory)

Your body is moved to your homestead. Having a backpack or bag that drops with your items after you are sent home would be a idea.

Dallane

Postby TotalyMeow » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:10 am

Dexibii wrote:

Yes, items are meant to scatter. When John is able to have enough free time to come here and discuss game mechanics, though, feel free to make an argument to him for changing how this works. I'm not entirely certain of his reasons for having it this way. He does believe in harsh punishment for mistakes, but it's also possible that he just never has considered changing it from how it originally was when we bought the game.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby lachlaan » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:29 pm

if i recall correctly stuff already scatters a bit less than before, and now stuff doesn't spawn inside cliffs, so that's already a lot of tears that JC is missing on xD Perhaps all the ways we can ***** up and the punishment for said mistakes is what makes Salem the game it is. I'd argue for quality of life improvements but so far in other games that's always equated quicker boredom.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations