Lavender Blewit are too rare

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Lavender Blewit are too rare

Postby Sevenless » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:00 am

painhertz wrote:
jorb wrote:Lavender Blewits do not spawn in forests at all, but are very common in swamps and on grassland.

EDIT: Not sure about the old black forest. They might be there.

They are rife in "old black forests" if that's what you call the dark brown/green camo looking biome. We live next to a giant one. :P

That ground texture is used in two different biomes. The "Pine forest", and also the "marsh" biome as I call it. They are distinct and have different forageables as of pre-commercial beta anyway, but look very similar. I've not found a marsh this world yet.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Sacre » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:20 am

My first character this world spawned in a very large one, so they're still out there, of course. :)
Sacre

Postby Banok » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:49 pm

I set up my first base next to a swamp, you get alot of lavenders from swamps. later u find alot in lumberwoods.

spawns are fine, only problem is lack of other yellow bile foods!!!
Banok

Postby five9 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:46 pm

Banok wrote:I set up my first base next to a swamp, you get alot of lavenders from swamps. later u find alot in lumberwoods.

I know this a lil off topic , but fish and make seaweed rolls, then when ya get a high yellow gain, top it off with shrooms on a stick to ensure a yellow gain :) (blk will be higher then yellow so keep an eye not to eat another seaweed roll) ya can get to 20+ yellow easy this way

i find lavenders often with the shroom hunting skill :), before i got that, it was rare to find them though
five9

Postby staxjax » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:17 am

Banok wrote:I set up my first base next to a swamp, you get alot of lavenders from swamps. later u find alot in lumberwoods.

There are plenty of noob yb foods. Shroom on a stick + lobster or lavender is probably the easiest way to get 20+ yb.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Bluestone » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:07 am

staxjax wrote:There are plenty of noob yb foods. Shroom on a stick + lobster or lavender is probably the easiest way to get 20+ yb.

I wish lobster shrooms were more common :(
Don't forget to check out the Salem Wiki for all your salem information needs
Bluestone

Postby Sevenless » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:55 pm

Bluestone wrote:
staxjax wrote:There are plenty of noob yb foods. Shroom on a stick + lobster or lavender is probably the easiest way to get 20+ yb.

I wish lobster shrooms were more common :(

They're gonna be ingredients in some powerful endgame recipes like cod in lobster sauce. Tis why they're staying rare.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Bluestone » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:52 pm

Sevenless wrote:
Bluestone wrote:I wish lobster shrooms were more common :(

They're gonna be ingredients in some powerful endgame recipes like cod in lobster sauce. Tis why they're staying rare.

Oh well, I shall continue to wish in vain lol.
Don't forget to check out the Salem Wiki for all your salem information needs
Bluestone

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations