Madness

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Madness

Postby Heffernan » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:39 pm

Hello,

i remember Madness got introduced to stop players from keeping there crimechars online all day, so i propose people who have recently committed crimes in the last 1week or so to have a higher Madness gain... i mean... after all they committed crimes and should fear for there life thus being faster mad

(optional all other people could ofcourse get a drop in madness gain)
Heffernan

Re: Madness

Postby AngelOfSilence » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:39 pm

remove madnes pleas jc)
Salem Wiki
Marketplace APP
BEST SHOOP IN THE GAME BUY ALL
Heffernan wrote: just sucks i forgot to raise yellow bile and cant loot anything hahaha sucks to be me..
AngelOfSilence

Postby Heffernan » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:48 pm

AngelOfSilence wrote:remove madnes pleas jc)

but then people wh ocommit crimes will just stand afk in there town and cant be stocked wich is also counter-productive so just increase madness gain for criminals since they should be feared/scared/mad anyway from doing crimes.
Heffernan

Postby gorniksam » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:14 pm

gorniksam

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:24 pm

Please don't derail.

Keeping criminals mostly offline is only part of madness' reason for existence. Mainly, we just like it.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Darwoth » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:41 pm

once again captain ******* has to try and get something changed because he is to inept to play under the rules of everyone else.

1> madness was not about crime alts, that was merely a side effect it was about the first step in introducing a "dont starve" type of passive survival mechanic and the ability to implement amusing things like people scratching their asses until they bled to death or nuking their proficiency in xx because they were unobservant and tabbed out afk while processing things and so on.

2> to keep a character logged in and out of stocks requires you to either be a ***** loser and log in every 2 hours to study something or to burn through 1 - 1.5 sheds of tobacco over the duration of a 9 day scent, this is why it was deemed just fine as it is well over a year ago when other dumbasses like you cried over it.

3> if you want to do something about it you have the option of not being a whiney ***** and deploying a TBC at any time, which is yet another reason it was deemed perfectly acceptable.
Darwoth

Postby Taipion » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:22 pm

It would be hillarious if you'd do that, for one reason:

Anyone KOing on a foreign claim has a crime debuff (and therefore committed crimes recently), with even a slight increas in madness gain due to crimes, this would mean certain death to everyone who manages to KO like that.
I wonder how many deaths that would cause... :D

I guess madness is fine as it is, I personally would like a bit more "don't starve" in Salem, madness is pretty irrelevant to any halfway experienced player.
There should be more things like that, but I guess it's difficult to add without just implementing another pointless grind.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Dallane » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:52 pm

Heffernan wrote:Hello,

i remember Madness got introduced to stop players from keeping there crimechars online all day, so i propose people who have recently committed crimes in the last 1week or so to have a higher Madness gain... i mean... after all they committed crimes and should fear for there life thus being faster mad

Oh look heff makes another bad thread about mechanics he doesn't understand and because he is butt hurt...again.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby jophbot » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:23 am

Heffernan wrote:Hello,

This is not as terrible an idea as made out, although the implementation could be a little more active rather than passive ... crab poles could be used with greater effect, playing on crim paranoia ... be it frequency, amplitude or wavelength or some mix of all parameters. I like crab poles, they are fun, having them as super effective against crims would add an actively fun layer to them imo. Just a thought.
jophbot

Return to Ideas & Innovations