Nice Mine Things, Or Not?

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Nice Mine Things, Or Not?

Postby MaxPlanck » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:58 pm

Mines, they are nice things. And Nice things shouldn't be so nice to us.

I have a suggestion for mines, how nice of me? Or Not?

Mines are prone to fungi and dampness are they not? I mean, we can't build timber piles in there for a reason. (Lets totally ignore the fact that coal clamps still work in there)

Characters should gradually build in mushroom poisoning just by breathing in the air of the mine. The deeper they go, the faster the mushroom poisoning stacks. (Dream world doesn't need to have the mushroom poisoning, that would be cruel in and of itself)

I suppose I could be more cruel as to suggest that a player who has max mushroom poisoning be prone to acquiring a disease or maybe just K.O.'ing after "XX" minutes. Disease sounds a lot more fun because why K.O. when you can just perma-die for afking in the mine? Just kidding ¦]

Berrymash Laxitive is your friend in the mine, because the mine can be a quiet and eerie place with the sound of nothing but footsteps, pickax's crashing against walls, coal clamps, ore smelters, finery forges, fireplaces...(okay so there's a lot of sound but w/e)
But the basics is if you want to enjoy yourself in the mine then you need to bring farts to the equation. P.S. Pay attention to your Black Bile!
MaxPlanck
Customer

Re: Nice Mine Things, Or Not?

Postby Forungi » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:02 pm

Yes, lets shaft all the new players even more in regards to mining.

Wonderful idea.
Forungi

Postby MaxPlanck » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:10 pm

Forungi wrote:Yes, lets shaft all the new players even more in regards to mining.

Wonderful idea.

Thanks, but you fail to read the finer details, in nowhere have I specified the intensity of the mushroom poisoning, I only said it should get stronger the deeper you go in terms in mine levels. This is up for the devs to decide should they make it very weak on the first level where it could end up taking 4+ hours to reach max poison. And mind you, did you forgot that I mentioned using berrymash laxative?

It's not my fault if some new player can't notice his biles decreasing and a mushroom poisoning tag in the debuff/buff area
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Kandarim » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:23 pm

I think JC was toying with the idea of making mines more poisonous depending on the level of industry in them (i.e. a lot of smelters/coal clamps make for very bad air!).
I think i'd rather see something like that than a static debuff for anyone in a mine.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Reviresco » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:31 pm

They could call the update "Mine Kampf."
Reviresco

Postby kitty629 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:31 pm

Well if they do that they need to add canary's to the game as well. So it sits on your shoulder and dies you know it is time to gtfo.
kitty629
Customer

Postby saltmummy » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:26 am

pockets of gas that explode when they are revealed while carrying a lit torch or mining helmet.
Or a loss of breathable oxygen over time.

I'd like to see a general increase to the amount of content in mines either way.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Return to Ideas & Innovations