money sink and raiding adjustment

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

money sink and raiding adjustment

Postby lobo221 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:16 am

Hello, my proposition is to make braziers / torch posts cost monthly upkeep of silver that way it will be good money sink for the game preventing for hoarding massive - economy changing wealth and it would change the whole dynamic of the game a lot because one person won't be able to build 1000 squared kilometers of a fortress and defend it (or it would be 24/7 constant grind for money just to be able to pay for all the defenses) and tho it would take a whole team of players making money just to pay the rent thus making raiding more viable. To be honest I didn't raid or even pk in this game, that is only my opinion that this mechanic would be good. Please post constructive comments that we can deliberate on.
kin/hs: Franek Dolas
lobo221

Re: money sink and raiding adjustment

Postby Kandarim » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:21 am

lobo221 wrote:To be honest I didn't raid or even pk in this game, that is only my opinion that this mechanic would be good.

Sprawling personal/town claims already cost upkeep. Braziers/torchposts already require upkeep in the form of charcoal/tinder for their ammo - this can be drained from a single brazier in as little as an hour, in some cases. I'd say this is already a fairly harsh upkeep.

Also keep in mind that the amount of silver required to even hassle the bigger players would be ridiculously high for casual members of society (a.k.a. those filthy casuals).
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby lobo221 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:26 am

But if the braziers would cost silver in upkeep then people wouldn't spam them, they would have to think about what is most important to defend, instead of making brazier at every segment of the wall they would make a special - iron fenced or brick walled - segment inside a for example: farming segment, just for personal defense thus making raiding and destroying walls more viable just to steal maybe not some wealth but crops from fields, drying furs or stuff like that. That would make planning of a city more important than ever - and for the town claim upkeep - it's more for not having to repair every structure daily :)
lobo221

Postby Dallane » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:21 am

lobo221 wrote: To be honest I didn't raid or even pk in this game, that is only my opinion that this mechanic would be good. Please post constructive comments that we can deliberate on.

I think you need to learn how raiding mechanics work before you make bad ideas that don't really change much in the game other than making another thing to grind silver for.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Paradoxyc » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:26 am

I'd rather just leave my base undefended since braziers already cost enough to build
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby lobo221 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:52 pm

So Dallane maybe you could make a post in "Useful Links & Such" about PK, 1v1, small skirmish, leantos, personal claims, raiding and town vs town warfare because there isn't anything in detail on the forum - some scraps here and there only.
It would help a lot of people to understand the game better.
Like tips & tricks - from a player perspective how to behave, what to do and what not to do, look out for what?
And my little question - if there is a "scent" on the ground - if somebody take it and make it an "evidence" does that scent stays on the ground for everybody else to see or does it vanish?
Last edited by lobo221 on Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lobo221

Postby Kandarim » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:57 pm

or those people could just go out and try playing the game.
You have the option not to play the criminal side of the game, but then you also lose the option of coming here and making meaningful comments on their systems.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:01 pm

Oh boi, good luck with that.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Forungi » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:17 pm

Kandarim wrote:You have the option not to play the criminal side of the game, but then you also lose the option of coming here and making meaningful comments on their systems.

Well said.

This is what has ruined most upcoming and promising MMO's because the carebears wants to shaft the PVP community.
Forungi

Postby Darwoth » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:36 pm

i think you should have to pay silver to post on the ideas forum.
Darwoth

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations