Shamanism

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Shamanism

Postby Rockyjacknoman » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:32 pm

Hey guys I don't know if anyone else has posted this so Please if you have a post give me a link.
With witches running rampant across salem and the priests of providence buzy, the salamites find themselves in a dangerous situation.
With all the curses and mass death following suit. The tribes have gathered together and decided, To teach the salamites how become one with nature.
Thus undoing the effects of the witches on the colonys. But don't think all is won. As a single shaman is no match for a witch, And not all view caster good or not with good intention...

feedback guys? I know this lacks a lot of possible detail. That's why any feedback would be appreciated.
Rockyjacknoman

Re: Shamanism

Postby Dallane » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:44 pm

Rockyjacknoman wrote:feedback guys? I know this lacks a lot of possible detail. That's why any feedback would be appreciated.

You want feedback for a idea that has no meat. Hard to do now but I think this idea might work in the future of the game.

At this stage of the idea the only feedback I have is whats the point? Witchcraft isn't really fleshed out and this is a pilgrim themed game. Shamanism doesn't really have a place in the game as it is. Witch vs. Pilgrim is simple and fun.

Now if you made a idea to have more nature spells and hijinks to the current witch mechanic then this would work much better to add to the current specializations for a witch.

Overall I think that with witchcraft still not fleshed out and going to change in the near future it's hard to add more mystical stuff to the game. I remember there was talks of religions and such in the game but I dunno where that is on the table.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Rockyjacknoman » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:46 pm

Dallane wrote:
Rockyjacknoman wrote:feedback guys? I know this lacks a lot of possible detail. That's why any feedback would be appreciated.

You want feedback for a idea that has no meat. Hard to do now but I think this idea might work in the future of the game.

At this stage of the idea the only feedback I have is whats the point? Witchcraft isn't really fleshed out and this is a pilgrim themed game. Shamanism doesn't really have a place in the game as it is. Witch vs. Pilgrim is simple and fun.

Now if you made a idea to have more nature spells and hijinks to the current witch mechanic then this would work much better to add to the current specializations for a witch.

Overall I think that with witchcraft still not fleshed out and going to change in the near future it's hard to add more mystical stuff to the game. I remember there was talks of religions and such in the game but I dunno where that is on the table.

Yea I agree from what I've read there is a lot still needing work. This idea might not even come to pass and if it does it will probably be far away. Still the possiblitys with shamanism and witch will be fun. Also JC had made a remark to a path not of just witch. So this might very well be the key.
Rockyjacknoman

Postby MaxPlanck » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:53 pm

Theres already plans for Paganism that have been slightly talked about.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Return to Ideas & Innovations