Evil or Cursed Instruments

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Evil or Cursed Instruments

Postby Claeyt » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:50 pm

Allow witches to create 'Evil' instruments with super end game craftable recipes and using rare items and store bought instruments. The Witch would perform a high level spell to play them. Instruments would cause insanity, slowly drain biles or maybe drain farmland.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Re: Evil or Cursed Instruments

Postby MaxPlanck » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:56 am

Yeah because messing up store bought equipment would totally not be frowned upon.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby DarkNacht » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:32 am

MaxPlanck wrote:Yeah because messing up store bought equipment would totally not be frowned upon.

Allowing witches to curse store bought items would be a great addition. But the effect should be rarish something like one in a thousand uses.

Farmer's Hoes could get stuck and suddenly take 10 times as much stamina.
Garden Shovel could reduce the purity of the pot.
Hand Saw could slip cutting though the log and ruining it.
Hellfire Tongs could suddenly heat up doing high blood damage.
Hunting Knifes could slip giving a heavy bleed debuff.
You could have an accident with the Pitchfork breaking your leg.
You could slip while using the Prospector's Pan dumping some of your inventory into the river.
Rolling Pin could poison a piece of food.
Hinchliffe Scissors could shred the cloths returning nothing.

It could be lots of fun.
DarkNacht

Postby Dallane » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:48 am

Claeyt wrote:Allow witches to create 'Evil' instruments with super end game craftable recipes and using rare items and store bought instruments. The Witch would perform a high level spell to play them. Instruments would cause insanity, slowly drain biles or maybe drain farmland.

Wow what a total **** idea with zero thought behind it. SURE IS BALANCED! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Heffernan » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:26 am

Claeyt wrote:Allow witches to create 'Evil' instruments with super end game craftable recipes and using rare items and store bought instruments. The Witch would perform a high level spell to play them. Instruments would cause insanity, slowly drain biles or maybe drain farmland.

great idea if it wasnt for the store instrument, maybe something own?
Heffernan

Postby TotalyMeow » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:52 am

If we were going to make a recipe that involves a store-bought thing, it certainly couldn't become cursed. I can see maybe adding a small secondary effect and reskin so such a thing can't be passed off as a normal store instrument. I'm not sure what this would accomplish, though.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby saltmummy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:15 am

TotalyMeow wrote:If we were going to make a recipe that involves a store-bought thing, it certainly couldn't become cursed. I can see maybe adding a small secondary effect and reskin so such a thing can't be passed off as a normal store instrument. I'm not sure what this would accomplish, though.

Make it easier to troll people in town, I imagine. A lot less effort than creating a diseased alt or piling corpses around the statue of the king.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby Paradoxyc » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:17 am

Wouldn't this ruin the stocks system? Everyone sent to the stocks would be basically sentenced to death if you could just play their insanity or biles away
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby Claeyt » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:34 am

Paradoxyc wrote:Wouldn't this ruin the stocks system? Everyone sent to the stocks would be basically sentenced to death if you could just play their insanity or biles away

Then don't allow it in town.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Nsuidara » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:51 am

you first need more to know about secrets witches :P
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations