Small Beer

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Small Beer

Postby Dallane » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:34 am

Making new thread for the idea i made in the moonshine thread. Keeping the link to a documentary cause it's freaking awesome. I also can't remember the full beer making process but the idea generally follows it without going into detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp56sT66D1U

This is a great documentary on making moonshine. He is 100% hillbilly but he was considered the best in making it.

If there was alcohol to be added to the game it should be what is called small beer. Make it a long process where we have to grow hops, grain, sugar and other flavors which would average out to make purity beer. We then have to cook it in a precise manner which would be timed when you need to add certain ingredients and then let it ferment. Beer would act as a better version of tea with bile restore and slowly restore inspiration. Higher purity equals better restores. different ingredients give different effects maybe adding lemons to the game would give a chance to heal disease for an example. Messing up a step of the process or adding something terrible to the wort will give you some terrible ass beer which will make you sick, cursed or dead. This would give everyone the chance to make their signature beer and give the players a TON of things to explore in the beer making process.

Having glass to make bottles and paper to make labels we could have the ability to brand the beer or counterfeit it. Barrels would be used to mass store it.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Re: Small Beer

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:04 pm

To ferment beer you need an adequate temperature.
During the everbloom beer should be fermented in the mines (temperature inside the containers raises because of fermentation so you cant keep on a to 'hot' place).
Or even add a proper building like a cellar where you could only ferment beer and store barrels.
During the coldsnap there should be a higher chance of beer not being produced because it was to cold for fermentation to even start.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Forungi » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:55 pm

Sounds like a good path to take with the beverages.

I like the fact that you can fail the process miserably and perhaps gets poisoned by your own produce.
Forungi

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:47 pm

Or poison someone else...

Instead of lemons, we could probably add juniper berries to the pine/spruce trees, lol.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Dallane » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:02 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:Or poison someone else...

Instead of lemons, we could probably add juniper berries to the pine/spruce trees, lol.

Ya that would work great and have a bit less work for marp/JC

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Paradoxyc » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:17 pm

Where'd my post go that said this is a bad idea?
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby TotalyMeow » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:51 am

Paradoxyc wrote:
Taipion wrote:
Paradoxyc wrote:Where'd my post go that said this is a bad idea?

To a "Derails" thread, go to your profile page on this forum, and search your own posts, was like the 2nd. :D

I know, lol, I meant why was it moved to derails? I see Dallane post the same comment on many ideas he doesn't like :?

Exactly. Half the people on this forum are going to come here and spam "Terrible Idea" here just because those are the exact words he uses most of the time. If you really don't like the idea, fine, but I don't want to see a bunch of spam all over here. :( And if you do think it's terrible, I'd like to know why, since unlike most idea Dallane claims are terrible (because they obviously are and don't need an elaboration), this one seems pretty good.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby riolic » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:38 am

Paradoxyc wrote:Just my opinion Meow, I am as much entitled as he is to say it :)

Free speech doesn't mean freedom from repercussions of being dumb.

I quite like the idea in and of itself, it gives a huge agra for player experimentation, while providing a good incentive for people to engage in the system.
riolic
Customer

Postby saltmummy » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:04 am

Just beer? or would wine be a thing too?
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby Dallane » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:27 am

saltmummy wrote:Just beer? or would wine be a thing too?

I was suggesting beer since it would of been common to have back then. Wine would have to be a different system.

Dallane

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations