Cosmetic Stuff

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Cosmetic Stuff

Postby Heffernan » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:18 pm

Hello,

pretty sure this hasnt been talked over yyet but how about adding cosmetic stuff for the looks of your base as seen on the screen?

Multiple Barrels,

these small and multiple white packages,

bigger and multicolored or multi sign'ed banners (could also add some to the store)

wood plank pavement

Book Stands.

that kinda Mess-Hall Building with a HUGE Indoor size (could make it cost a few k bricks etc..)

New House.

New House 2.0 (maybe a small barn?)

New House 3.0

Wood walls.

Street Lamps

Metal Walls.

Gravestones.

(how about an super high expensive stall like the white one in providence that u can buy/sell stuff to)

oh and wandering carts (maybe as sort of super expensive movable storage cart that fits 200+ items? instead of 8 chests)

Last edited by Heffernan on Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heffernan

Re: Cosmetic Stuff

Postby Nsuidara » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:21 pm

+1 :P
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Reviresco » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:24 pm

I seem to remember that JC mentioned he's figuring out how to make objects that are moved by something other than a player, so he can implement mining carts and wagons.

Edit: I know you're just talking cosmetic items here, but you could use the wagon as one even if it had an animal-drawn function.
Last edited by Reviresco on Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reviresco

Postby gorniksam » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:26 pm

I'm still dreaming about own, little figure of heff in my town :oops:
And +1
gorniksam

Postby Darwoth » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:52 am

even i like the carebear stuff every now and then and the more of it the more flavor the game has in past games my houses were always decked out, agreed.
Darwoth

Postby Paradoxyc » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:03 am

Darwoth wrote:even i like the carebear stuff every now and then and the more of it the more flavor the game has in past games my houses were always decked out, agreed.

The most aggressive players still need to be swagged out
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby TotalyMeow » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:39 am

I agree with adding cosmetic stuff, though I don't know if I like all the ideas in this thread. I once tried to convince John to let us plant potted flowers as flower beds on the ground, but he had a reason why that wouldn't work. I don't remember what, it was technical.

I've always wanted anther house or two and more furniture.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Heffernan » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:13 am

TotalyMeow wrote:I agree with adding cosmetic stuff, though I don't know if I like all the ideas in this thread. I once tried to convince John to let us plant potted flowers as flower beds on the ground, but he had a reason why that wouldn't work. I don't remember what, it was technical.

wich one didnt u like?

oh and to spice this up, tihs is ALL stuff thats already ingame just not buildable, so he probably has to just give us like 3 skills for unlocking stuff (1k 7k and 15k of maybe A&C) and put the items as placables under a new "cosmetic" category with deciding the building materials, theres not even anything invested exept art screens for the menu wich slavemarp will gladly do as i know him as these items, walls, pavements or buildings already exist ingame.
Heffernan

Postby Dallane » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:44 pm

Heffernan wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:I agree with adding cosmetic stuff, though I don't know if I like all the ideas in this thread. I once tried to convince John to let us plant potted flowers as flower beds on the ground, but he had a reason why that wouldn't work. I don't remember what, it was technical.

wich one didnt u like?

oh and to spice this up, tihs is ALL stuff thats already ingame just not buildable, so he probably has to just give us like 3 skills for unlocking stuff (1k 7k and 15k of maybe A&C) and put the items as placables under a new "cosmetic" category with deciding the building materials, theres not even anything invested exept art screens for the menu wich slavemarp will gladly do as i know him as these items, walls, pavements or buildings already exist ingame.

There is actually quite a few things he would have to do to make these usable, especially the houses.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Heffernan » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:58 am

Dallane wrote:
Heffernan wrote:

wich one didnt u like?

There is actually quite a few things he would have to do to make these usable, especially the houses.

oh yeah damn forgot about the interior and probably the doors as some of these have none, but nontheless it wouold be epic to have them.
Heffernan

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations