about TBF

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: about TBF

Postby Darwoth » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:35 pm

as an aside TBFs are fine as they are. this includes the terms of cost, range, delay, upkeep and everything else.
Darwoth

Postby Nsuidara » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:42 pm

Darwoth wrote:as an aside TBFs are fine as they are. this includes the terms of cost, range, delay, upkeep and everything else.

as opponents are normal and not troll :D
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby gorniksam » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:09 pm

Nsuidara wrote:BUILD TOWN COST
8 months

:lol: :lol: :lol:
gorniksam

Postby shizuka » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:13 pm

Nsuidara wrote:
TBF and Town Bell must be cost more more for build

I disagree with you. Town Bell cost enough already for what it is/gives.
It might not cost 'much' from the point of view of an advanced player for whom those ressources dont mean much, but think about newbs trying to set up a town.
A solo player starting off on Salem who would at some point want to have a little town on his own wouldnt get it before months if it was to be much more expansive than it is now, not if he has real life activity to do such as studying or working. Most people work about 35-39h a week in cool countries like France, or even +45h hours in great countries like Switzerland, so they come home play a bit whatever but dont 'progress' in a game like salem super quick or something. im thinking about workers since the community seems old to me, but its about the same for people studying hard. Maybe a group of motivated new salem players could probably get a bell after a while but increasing its price would probably just discourage solo players and i dont see what good would it do to have a more expansive one in the game right now?
Not to mention about a bit more than a year ago or smth i dont remmeber exactly coz i took a break, bell was at like 2k5 and cheap, i know it changed after the TBC update for several good reasons, but yeah the cost has already been increased a lot a while back (which was good anyway). If the bell price/materials had to change a lot again it would most likely go along with new updates/changes in the game.

As for the tbf idk, its already easier to def than to attack, i dont see why the tbf should cost more it seems fine by me. Even if it did it would probably just change absolutely nothing and be pointless. If you're about to raid a town you probably dont care much whether its 10 or 20 or 30 oiled boards needed really.
Darwoth wrote:
wtf shizuka was owning kuku by like 20 votes this morning, looks like the kzerg is cheating and zerging again
shizuka

Postby Nsuidara » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:03 pm

shizuka wrote:I disagree with you. Town Bell cost enough already for what it is/gives.
It might not cost 'much' from the point of view of an advanced player for whom those ressources dont mean much, but think about newbs trying to set up a town.
A solo player starting off on Salem who would at some point want to have a little town on his own wouldnt get it before months if it was to be much more expansive than it is now, not if he has real life activity to do such as studying or working. Most people work about 35-39h a week in cool countries like France, or even +45h hours in great countries like Switzerland, so they come home play a bit whatever but dont 'progress' in a game like salem super quick or something. im thinking about workers since the community seems old to me, but its about the same for people studying hard. Maybe a group of motivated new salem players could probably get a bell after a while but increasing its price would probably just discourage solo players and i dont see what good would it do to have a more expansive one in the game right now?
Not to mention about a bit more than a year ago or smth i dont remmeber exactly coz i took a break, bell was at like 2k5 and cheap, i know it changed after the TBC update for several good reasons, but yeah the cost has already been increased a lot a while back (which was good anyway). If the bell price/materials had to change a lot again it would most likely go along with new updates/changes in the game.

Good point. However Salem isn't single player game.
The city does not mean = one player, and many Towns is solo-player, for ? because can't fast raid.
so IF Town is players-thinks (not one but 5+ players) then must respectively cost :)

however, the current price does not bother me, is only ideas

shizuka wrote:As for the tbf idk, its already easier to def than to attack, i dont see why the tbf should cost more it seems fine by me. Even if it did it would probably just change absolutely nothing and be pointless. If you're about to raid a town you probably dont care much whether its 10 or 20 or 30 oiled boards needed really.

Ok, i think you never got TBF
No body spaming TBF for you :)

i can agree, when be possible teleport with TBF :] or made build (small range) for teleport
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:22 pm

everyone else has managed to do just fine for the last three years with TBF and towns exactly how they are except that townbells are now more secure and cost 10x what they did when i started playing, TBF can be destroyed from 500 miles away and cost twice as much to upkeep , if you are to much of a retard to play under the system everyone else has been go play a themepark game instead of trying to dumb down this one to suit your incompetence.
Darwoth

Postby Nsuidara » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:03 pm

Darwoth wrote:everyone else has managed to do just fine for the last three years with TBF and towns exactly how they are except that townbells are now more secure and cost 10x what they did when i started playing, TBF can be destroyed from 500 miles away and cost twice as much to upkeep , if you are to much of a retard to play under the system everyone else has been go play a themepark game instead of trying to dumb down this one to suit your incompetence.

you must always offend people ? not everyone has the knowledge like you In relation salem, and no one is able to explain assistance - because wikipedia is strongly deprecated and you must be soo selfish :)

"TBF can be destroyed from 500 miles away " and its not true

remember its is only "Ideas & Innovations" >_> though ye once behaved normally but noo... "retard " ...
you are all talkative but no strong arguments for that....

however, I do not care about TBF is cost more or not... :) i only sugestion
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:16 pm

i dont give a **** if you are "offended" retards that do not know how to play endlessly making "great suggestions" for systems they know nothing about because they cant be bothered to invest a handful of hours gaining firsthand experience thus ***** it up for the rest of us that actually have to play with said systems "offend" me.
Darwoth

Postby shizuka » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:37 pm

Nsuidara wrote:Good point. However Salem isn't single player game.
The city does not mean = one player, and many Towns is solo-player, for ? because can't fast raid.
so IF Town is players-thinks (not one but 5+ players) then must respectively cost :)
however, the current price does not bother me, is only ideas

My point isn't Salem is a single player game, my point is that the game is meant to be playable both alone or with friends.
In case you haven't noticed Devs want to encourage players to do group actitives or have more things to do together and its gonna go that way, however they do not want to discourage single players by making things impossible for them and make it impossible to play alone, it is just harder but a choice left to players.
I do not give a ***** whether there are 6 or 7 or 30 towns of +5 or 40people that decide to stack up together and have a rave party on the server: town bell price wont change because of an average per town active players calculated graphic multiplying the cost of whatever by 5 coz average is 5 players according to Nsuidara

Nsuidara wrote:Ok, i think you never got TBF
No body spaming TBF for you :)
i can agree, when be possible teleport with TBF :] or made build (small range) for teleport

The point itself of updating the tbf was to not allow an easy 'I port everything out before they arrive so they'll get nothing but eating bricks for hours/days', it was to force people to walk out with their char/ressources if they wanted to save something, at the risk of getting caught, therefore giving a slight chance to raider to 'get something', assuming it hasnt just been thrown away/ported out. I dont know what part of this did u not get when reading the updates but I tried to reformulate it nicely for you to understand because u asking for some kind of superpower teleporting spot is you asking to come back to previous things which i do not understand. Do you actually think defenders dont have enough advantages, and that raiding should give less and be harder or am I just understanding you wrong?

As for TBF/TBC one of the town I live in is server-known and I think i've seen more red ground there in the past 2 years than you or most people playing at their place, so I don't get where why do you say this to me.
Just because I don't HoB-tweet every detail of my salem life doesnt mean no one has ever tried anything up against me or that i never did anything.
Darwoth wrote:
wtf shizuka was owning kuku by like 20 votes this morning, looks like the kzerg is cheating and zerging again
shizuka

Postby Nsuidara » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:57 pm

Darwoth wrote:i dont give a **** if you are "offended" retards that do not know how to play endlessly making "great suggestions" for systems they know nothing about because they cant be bothered to invest a handful of hours gaining firsthand experience thus ***** it up for the rest of us that actually have to play with said systems "offend" me.

You're really an ******* :)
You are big selfish :)
for this reason, I did not even intend to discuss with you :)

ouh I did not know that this is "great suggestions"
MY point of reference this topic is to block spamming TBF

@shizuka
You can write less? not babbling?
yes yes I understand why you cann't teleport with TBF.

------------------------------------------------------------------
You are embracing it?
MY point of reference this topic is to block spamming TBF

honestly about this topic lost sense.
I wanted to highlight debate about TBC... only @Judaism and @ZoddAlmighty was normal...

@Dallane / other mod - my suggestion is END (mean close) this topic :)
we know the opinions of the top players so further discussion is unnecessary >_>
Nsuidara
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations