Providence Compliment for Ark

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Providence Compliment for Ark

Postby Darwoth » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:40 am

efficiency and advance planning is definitely key, in this instance it also helps when you can use resources acquired through raiding, i did not farm anything at all on popham except a furfur wing yet i still have bases with 50% fields, 139 thorny refreshers and 40 sheds of high end inspirationals to use before ending things, i wish i could bring the 2 cupboards of shop tools, 61 snake skulls and random other good **** back to providence. everything was gotten from raiding others, which was the entire point of the expeditions that most folks seem to have overlooked.
Darwoth

Postby Nsuidara » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:56 am

Thor wrote:
Nsuidara wrote:a pity that I do not have the motivation and so much time :)

It's really about what you do with that time than how much of it. Sure, loads of time help but I knew people back then logging daily and still finishing that timber pile, planting those fields or firing those smelters took weeks. People simply refuse to grind.

Sure. I need other "think" brain, im not fan BIG griding :P
and I haven't time for all thinks...

Darwoth wrote:efficiency and advance planning is definitely key, in this instance it also helps when you can use resources acquired through raiding, i did not farm anything at all on popham except a furfur wing yet i still have bases with 50% fields, 139 thorny refreshers and 40 sheds of high end inspirationals to use before ending things, i wish i could bring the 2 cupboards of shop tools, 61 snake skulls and random other good **** back to providence. everything was gotten from raiding others, which was the entire point of the expeditions that most folks seem to have overlooked.

I forgot one thing, after all, you half the server made sausage and ate all :P :|
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Zapt13 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:27 pm

The Lost Colony on Roanoke Island, anyone? Maybe there would be a thematically appropriate way to connect Providence and Popham. Since the Popham expedition launched the pilgrims in Providence haven't heard from their loved ones and grow restless with the lack of news. They might be able to express their discontent with some community objective in order to send supplies and more settlers?

I must admit I only read about half of this thread, but there might be something worth considering.
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby Dallane » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:34 am

Zapt13 wrote:The Lost Colony on Roanoke Island, anyone? Maybe there would be a thematically appropriate way to connect Providence and Popham. Since the Popham expedition launched the pilgrims in Providence haven't heard from their loved ones and grow restless with the lack of news. They might be able to express their discontent with some community objective in order to send supplies and more settlers?

Just no

Zapt13 wrote:I must admit I only read about half of this thread, but there might be something worth considering.

You should really read the full thread since meow has made multiple post saying that they don't like the idea and it's not going to happen. People need to stop being lazy and demanding hand outs.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby MarpTarpton » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:06 pm

Dallane wrote: People need to stop being lazy and demanding hand outs.

This sums things up nicely. Thank you, OP, for the suggestion, but Providence has enough nice things. If you don't want to compete on Popham turf, you do not get a say in the boons of Popham's end. It is that simple and beyond discussion. Future expeditions may function differently. Popham will not. So, no, we will not be using your idea. Locking thread.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations