Providence Compliment for Ark

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Providence Compliment for Ark

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:24 am

How many threads have you made on the subject of the expedition server now? A server you claim to not even be playing on, so I don't know why it's of such interest to you or why you think you are qualified to talk about something you haven't experienced and therefore know nothing about. I was just on the expedition server today and there are active claims in plenty. Like I just told you in a PM, we are letting the players try to finish the server within the parameters that were originally set up because it IS, after all, a sandbox. If we just jump in and end it all every time it doesn't quite go as we plan, we're kinda defeating the whole purpose of it, aren't we?

DeepSixed wrote:So the Ark is a useless building? I would agree at this point. The problem is your willingness to let it continue beyond your current judgement.

It would be useless in Providence, yes. The Ark, in the Bible, was a vehicle for rescuing animals. The next expedition won't have an ark, probably, and like I said before, His Majesty the King will fully fund the sending out of the next group of hardy pilgrims, no need for you to build your own ship, certainly not an ark.

DeepSixed wrote:That perception- you know more than I... calling me an idiot is like calling your child or someone who knows nothing about the current development an idiot. We can't all be part of the 'in-crowd'

I just told you in that last PM that you can ask me about anything in the game and I'll do my best to answer. I also say that frequently in the Help section and it's posted in the Rules thread.

DeepSixed wrote:Again- it didn't happen. So why should it continue? Folks are continuing to leverage the quick growth cycle and you are knowingly allowing it to happen. You are knowing, wlllingly, ***** over the balance of ability and growth because you are lazy... seemingly. If there's no interest... how does prolonging it make it better? The game is stable... which is to say there's nobody new playing Popham and if they aren't going to finish it in 30 days... can you extrapolate based on current contributions how long it will take to finish? I'm sure there are some smart follks out there who can figure it out!

I'm actually not sure what 'quick growth cycle' you're talking about here, but like I told you in the PM, the ark is still very able to be completed, if anyone actually wants to do so. If everyone is content to buy animals from the winning witch (assuming that is Darwoth, which it might not end up being), that's fine. It is a sandbox, after all. I do wonder what you'll all do if another witch wins.

DeepSixed wrote:It's only temporary fix because JC keeps failing to maintain on the schedule HE created. How about living with the word... and if nobody wins... nobody wins... and the goal is recreated.

Even my own frustration- wouldn't matter a damn- if the Expedition with its uber stat growth had died after 4 months. There'd be no 1500 stat toons that could appear on Providence; but after 12+ mos... there WILL be. Thanks for Dev laziness.

What schedule? We expected the expedition to last 4 to 12 months, with 4 being too short and 12 being too long, in our opinions, but there was never a strict schedule and we've never said we'll step in and end the server at any point, no matter now long it goes. So, yeah, this one has gone longer than we want it to, but it's all based on what the players want to do. Once it's over, we'll use what we've learned, and our plans of the next thing to add, to redesign the server goal. Maybe the building of private goal objects rather than one big public one. Maybe a goal involving some other competition. But if you're really so worried about huge stat toons coming back to Providence, why not build your own huge stat toon in Providence to combat them? Or go to Popham and make one, if you think it's so much easier? Or even make a witch there and end the server sooner? Or teach a squad of newbies to use rifles? You have many options that don't involve a forced finish.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby DeepSixed » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:31 am

Nsuidara wrote:I'm sorry but I agree with DeepSixed.
The premise of the expedition was so with it will last 1-3 months and not one year...

You are dyslexics.

Please reread the POST.
DeepSixed

Postby DeepSixed » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:46 am

TotalyMeow wrote:How many threads have you made on the subject of the expedition server now? A server you claim to not even be playing on, so I don't know why it's of such interest to you or why you think you are qualified to talk about something you haven't experienced and therefore know nothing about. I was just on the expedition server today and there are active claims in plenty. Like I just told you in a PM, we are letting the players try to finish the server within the parameters that were originally set up because it IS, after all, a sandbox. If we just jump in and end it all every time it doesn't quite go as we plan, we're kinda defeating the whole purpose of it, aren't we?

I couldn't offer up pics of the Ark periodically if I wasn't playing there...could I?

And I have original forum posts from the time period. I was 'in sync' with Salem forums for quite a while; but got cut off. Do I really need to dig up the original posts?

Your 4-12 mos is BS.

As you say... enough said on the subject. In fact, longer the Expedition exists.. longer I will exist so let it last a decade or more!

Cheers

PS- the post was meant to point out the difference of opinion that 'might' exist between Dev and Populace.

You say the Expidition is Live and active...great.

But give Providence a similar construction to build to show they want something new.

Popham has 12mos+ head start.

If Providence can complete something on par with Ark before Popham... then maybe Providence verdict matters more...and Popham less... no matter what deals were made before [with Darworth] and they need to die for a new server.

It's been a year already... give over Popham and get on board with a new Jamestown or other. Popham failed...miserably. Darworth did well with destroying desire to play there...why are you protecting him now? He should finish or he should just get screwed over period... and accept his fate!
DeepSixed

Postby Shrapnel » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:04 am

Getting tired of seeing this thread posted every other week, i suggest a new rule that says DeepSixed cant create Ark/Popham/Expedition related threads.
Shrapnel
Customer

Postby Nsuidara » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:22 am

Why Darworth not be able to play & win expedition ?
Because, he have knowledge about this game?
I do not know if anyone told him or not, important is he have knowledge about Salem...
Surely he haven't better start than others.

DeepSixed wrote:You are dyslexics.
Please reread the POST.

Still you write about it.
and i agree about it - not else >_>
so, You are dyslexics.

His Majesty the King will fully fund the sending out of the next group of hardy pilgrims, no need for you to build your own ship, certainly not an ark.

interesting
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:56 am

oh god more of this retards ***** :lol: :lol: :lol:

1> whether the ark completes or not makes absolutely zero difference to me, i still get my animals for closing out the server. it is all you lazy ***** that have complained about the ark for 15x longer than it would have taken to build it and who have not registered with the livestock program that are going to be screwed.

2> for the 5000th time JC is busy on the upcoming patch and with RL. when he is back and in the swing of things again i will end popham, again i estimate this to be in a month or two. until then there is zero reason for me to end the server, the next expedition does not just fall out of the developers assholes and into the game client when popham ends.

3> the server could have easily been ended in 3 - 4 months, from scratch it took me 5 weeks to tier up a witch, locate all but one statue, and kill everyone else on the server which contrary to public sentiment from those who got killed, was a substantial amount (17 towns, 41 kills and two of my own dead fighters)

however your idiotic idea does amuse me, i certainly have no qualms with your "build the ark on providence to screw darwoth" idea since under those paramaters it would consist of me waiting until the providence ark was at 90% then logging on and hitting the last statue :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

to summarize in five weeks i built fighters, a tier 3 witch, killed off all the rivals and hit the statues.

in 11 months the COLLECTIVE EFFORT OF THE ENTIRE SERVER could not be bothered to make some boards.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you underachieving welfare check douchebags deserve absolutely nothing.
Darwoth

Postby Nsuidara » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:49 am

Darwoth you havent rly life ? :F

to summarize in five weeks i built fighters, a tier 3 witch

is 24/7h online ? :F
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:04 am

oh good, i have not gotten to enjoy the "you have no life" teenrager cliche in years, it is all the better coming from some retard in a third world country making 25 cents a day that has nothing better to do than ***** about me and salem :lol: :lol: :lol:

in any case i have enough of a life i can choose to play salem all day or anything else i find enjoyable if i choose, at the time of finishing off rustatorium which was the last enemy on the server i had 17 days played time, with 3 or so of those being leftover from the beginning of the expedition.
Darwoth

Postby Nsuidara » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:11 am

Darwoth wrote:oh good, i have not gotten to enjoy the "you have no life" teenrager cliche in years, it is all the better coming from some retard in a third world country making 25 cents a day that has nothing better to do than ***** about me and salem :lol: :lol: :lol:

in any case i have enough of a life i can choose to play salem all day or anything else i find enjoyable if i choose, at the time of finishing off rustatorium which was the last enemy on the server i had 17 days played time, with 3 or so of those being leftover from the beginning of the expedition.

so, good for you :)
a pity that I do not have the motivation and so much time :)
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Thor » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:30 am

Nsuidara wrote:a pity that I do not have the motivation and so much time :)

It's really about what you do with that time than how much of it. Sure, loads of time help but I knew people back then logging daily and still finishing that timber pile, planting those fields or firing those smelters took weeks. People simply refuse to grind.
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations