Animals

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Animals

Postby Qiresea » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:14 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Postby saltmummy » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:15 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:Flame is contradicting herself entirely?

Sometimes. Flame doesn't always have the best grip on the meanings of english words (much much better than when we first met), at the same time though he is a long talker with strong opinions which usually ends up with him creating walls of text which contradict the other walls.

To shorten all that flame has stated on this topic, he doesn't like the ark because he feels it's lazy on the part of the devs and that the fate of a salems game mechanics should not be in the hands of the players because it isn't there jobs. Flame really couldn't care less about animals in salem though, and as I said before he doesn't actually play salem more than once or twice a month. I of course, disagree. I thought the ark was a neat idea. Get people involved and working together. I also expected it would probably fail due to people not wanting to put up the effort or work together. I was not disappointed. I think I mentioned it before, but Flame didn't want to work together either. Asked him if could help me with making boards for the ark, the response was a long speech on how it's not his responsibility and how putting the fate of salem mechanics into our hands was lazy and stupid.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:36 pm

I don't see how all the work we put into making a different server, changing its mechanics, making the extra things like the Ark, and coming up with ideas we hoped would be fun just so you could all have some fun getting a mechanic into the game in a novel way is 'lazy'. Quite a bit more work really than throwing another update at Providence and saying 'here's your ***** animals'. It's not really relying on the players either. Maybe you don't get animals to Providence as easily as you could with the ark, but they're already in the game. It is pretty sad that we put all that effort in and John was so excited about them that he didn't sleep for like 3 days one time and you all couldn't even build the ark. :(
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Tulgarath » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:37 pm

The fun thing is. ..how many of you have even cared for animals? As in a full barn of animals over an extended period of time? Even 30 animals over a week?

The hay upkeep is better, but still you have to keep up on them far more than any other 'crop'. Illness isn't too bad, not as bad as a fetus hidden under its siblings driving up the other animals temperament. Then. .bam...rams killing of each other, goats flipping over half of the entire barn worth of food...THEN it snowballs. That's from only logging in for a couple days to top off the trough. All because the animals stack under their mom and you missed a fetus. No illness, all well fed and still. ..dead animals.

If you can't grasp what I'm talking about, then you really have no idea what raising the livestock in Salem entails.

Of course, this won't necessarily happen, but you can also easily get your entire stock wiped out from a weekend of light play. If you are unlucky enough to have your breeding pairs killed.

But please, continue to argue about how unfair it is that you don't have any when most of you are too lazy to raise them or build the ark.

Side note. .the ark as a community event is a great idea. One might argue the mechanics, but the idea of community events for mechanics are great and i hope become a mainstay in Salem.
Tulgarath

Postby Nsuidara » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:10 pm

Tulgarath wrote:But please, continue to argue about how unfair it is that you don't have any when most of you are too lazy to raise them or build the ark.

who said unfair ?

Tulgarath wrote:Side note. .the ark as a community event is a great idea. One might argue the mechanics, but the idea of community events for mechanics are great and i hope become a mainstay in Salem.

it doesn't judge from one person - but community, and IF people complain then maybe sometimes a little sit down and use brain and think, about made other solution?

frankly better would be smaller ark - because, you end ark - then so ? can i login into phopan - form CASH SHOP buy silvers and buy animals and put ark ? :P

no many young people playing in salem, most are adults...
and forcing people to play X hours a day and play both server ... is great idea ? oh... isn't

for start need many hours for raise character and build house - when you have stable house, sure you no need many times if you not wanna grow :F
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Tulgarath » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:39 pm

I suggested a personal ark months ago. I understand the argument for and against it. I've let the issue go because I think it'll do more harm than good.

It'll reward those that want to jump in now and grab some animals, but largely did not participate in the server. The solution has been there, and if you get enough personal arks on the server, then the original could have been built too. So just built the damn Ark lol.

Any argument for splitting time on two servers is mute considering the length of time the Ark has been possible. It's only a conflict now that people see an end drawing near.
Tulgarath

Postby Flame » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:13 am

I don't see how all the work we put into making a different server, changing its mechanics, making the extra things like the Ark, and coming up with ideas we hoped would be fun just so you could all have some fun getting a mechanic into the game in a novel way is 'lazy'

Me neither, but thanks to saltmummy for the try. XD

I'll retry again (since i feel it's important that i achieve a good post sometime).

Devs. Is your game, and you spent your time on it.
Add a mechanism you developed for it.

Choose the rules to add it.
Don't let players prevent it from be added.

Players aren't the Devs, so the last word MUST be yours.

If the ark is going to be ignored, change the rules in order to find a legit way to add that patch. You spent your time on it, you deserve it.
Flame

Postby saltmummy » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:34 am

Flame wrote:Don't let players prevent it from be added.

I think I see whats going on with you now. Thing is flame, it's already in game. Maybe it's my fault for the way I described it to you. The stuff is all there in providence, the code, the items, the everything. The main difference is that on providence, there is no NPC selling the animals and there are no animals to propagate more. I'm going to hazard a guess that the NPC will be wiped out when popham ends and only the animals brought back by the players on the ark and by the winning witch (darwoth) will be available on providence. Even if the ark is complete. Just a guess though.

Tulgarath wrote:The hay upkeep is better, but still you have to keep up on them far more than any other 'crop'. Illness isn't too bad, not as bad as a fetus hidden under its siblings driving up the other animals temperament. Then. .bam...rams killing of each other, goats flipping over half of the entire barn worth of food...THEN it snowballs. That's from only logging in for a couple days to top off the trough. All because the animals stack under their mom and you missed a fetus. No illness, all well fed and still. ..dead animals.

That sounds a bit like a dwarf fortress tantrum spiral. One dead cat in the dining area, then somebody punches somebody else and breaks a masterpiece, someone goes berserk at the loss of the masterpiece and kills a few dwarves, more punching, more breaking things, etc. etc. etc.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby Tulgarath » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:39 am

Actually. ..the ark was to allow players IN ADDITION to the winning witch to bring them back.
Tulgarath

Postby Dallane » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:56 am

Tulgarath wrote: I never said I'd be the one to level your towns. Just stated a friendly warning. If you want to built the ark and destroy a monopoly, don't paint a big target on your head.

What monopoly?
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations