Nikixos

Re: Animals

Postby Silverfish » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:41 am

do the beavers hit harder there? :>
Agnes Waterhouse - second-rate tailor, cooking for the pack of crazy foragers
Silverfish

Postby TotalyMeow » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:23 pm

Tulgarath wrote:I suggested a personal ark months ago. I understand the argument for and against it. I've let the issue go because I think it'll do more harm than good.

It'll reward those that want to jump in now and grab some animals, but largely did not participate in the server. The solution has been there, and if you get enough personal arks on the server, then the original could have been built too. So just built the damn Ark lol.

Any argument for splitting time on two servers is mute considering the length of time the Ark has been possible. It's only a conflict now that people see an end drawing near.

It's a bit late in the server to change it now. But I wonder, if we had arks almost this big, but you could build them yourselves and place them where you wanted, would you do it? If it had been possible to create a town, recruit, get people to help you, get people who might infiltrate and try to destroy your work (the ark sign in this case would have to be much harder to destroy than your normal build sign, maybe requiring fire like a buliding), would you all have found it more fun and been more likely to try to get it finished? Would there have been more incentive to fight over statues if you thought you could build your ark first and then end the server before anyone else's ark was complete?

Or would one faction have gotten a small lead and then everyone else just complain on the forums about how they are too big and no one else had a chance and it's not fair and the ark competition is stupid?
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Dallane » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:41 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:
Or would one faction have gotten a small lead and then everyone else just complain on the forums about how they are too big and no one else had a chance and it's not fair and the ark competition is stupid?

This is exactly what would happen
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Tulgarath » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:42 pm

My own thing about the personal ark would be. .where do you put it?

If it's in a base, then it's destroyable. It would add a potential component to ending the server. That being wiping out the competitions arks. But yes, like any system someone would complain about how unfair it was.

If it's in town on s limited number of plots. ..how are they given out?
Tulgarath

Postby TotalyMeow » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:14 pm

Like I said, it would be a thing you can build yourself, and like all things you can build yourself, you pick where you want to build it. Also, it might be that a complete ark would be indestructible.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Tulgarath » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:40 am

TotalyMeow wrote:Like I said, it would be a thing you can build yourself, and like all things you can build yourself, you pick where you want to build it. Also, it might be that a complete ark would be indestructible.

I pictured it more as a given number of plots in town that fought be bought/won and the arks built there.

I would hope they were destructible in the world, but still able to be built anywhere. Just those few spots in town, like stalls would be sought after.

People should be able to raid them, or at the very least curse the animals inside. At least be able to place a town claim over them. Nothing is free from a hostile take over in Salem after all.
Tulgarath

Postby Flame » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:45 pm

There would be someone complaining about how impossible is to build an ark compared to the mayor towns, but i think this whole game is based on that type of challenge. Mayor factions build things faster, always.

If i would have time to play Salem more, like i had back at H&H, i would join a bigger faction and help it instead of try to build the Ark alone.
Ain't time for that kind of gaming, but if i have to imagine it, it looks better and more coherent with the game.

All depends on how much stuff is asked per person. The balance is there.
If the ark is a "saving" item, the amount of materials could change depending on the number of players working on it (so joining the ark). Just an idea.

Anyway, the general idea would be a war against the witchers, fought alone or in a mayor faction.
All of this was sort-of possible even with this actual ark system, but this new one makes feel more the "personal gain". (The bigger reason behind everything)

I won't say this would work for sure. I don't know others reasons and why they deserted the Ark task.
I do feel an improvement, though.
Flame

Postby lordmatiz » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:01 pm

Since Noah's Ark has been finished... maybe it's time to import animals into Providence? :D
lordmatiz

Postby saltmummy » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:18 pm

lordmatiz wrote:Since Noah's Ark has been finished... maybe it's time to import animals into Providence? :D

You could be working on the ark of popham instead of necroing a month dead thread.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Previous

Return to Ideas & Innovations